Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #8,581 of 12,415
I usually only see people with Beats Solo's, Studio's, skullcandys and the occasional sennheisers. However there was one time I saw someone with a Audio Technica ANC9 I think, the ANC7 looks similar, I was too far to fully determine what it was.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #8,582 of 12,415
Spider-Man's rocking some V-MODA's (can't quite tell which model) @0:07!

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #8,584 of 12,415
saw quite possibly the hottest girl ive ever seen in my life on the way to the hospital.... she had a pair of grado 325is around her neck with what im sure was a pa2v2 amp but couldnt tell the DAP... i think it was ipod video 5th gen.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #8,585 of 12,415
Spider-Man's rocking some V-MODA's (can't quite tell which model) @0:07!

After some excessive pause/play action, I have determined that they are the LP1, because they are white and don't have the hinges like the M100.

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #8,586 of 12,415
Awhile ago, on the UW Madison campus i spotted a guy walking around with HD598s, but I didn't have time to get out of my car.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #8,587 of 12,415
The only thing is from my personal tastes, the sr007mk2 + WES + WDAC1 (Did I get the model right? It's the woo audio dac) was really only marginally better than my hd800 setup. The difference being that the stax setup felt a lot more natural.

You should still listen before you buy, especially when dropping that kind of money. There's a store in montreal called "Audioshop" that has both the sr007mki and sr007mk2 with the bundled amplifier from stax. If you really wanted they could special order the sr009 but do not have one to audition. It would be a good idea to try it before you buy since quality in the higher echelons is a lot more subjective (like personally I don't like the grado sound for the most part).

Hmm, I preferred the Sr009 quite a bit more than his 007 albeit it being less musicaly engaging; that can be fixed with the system. But tastes do differ. The transparance and pin point imaging is very impressive. I'd rank my HD800 rig in between the two stax in terms of sound texture and sound quality however with more bass texture than both the stax and transparence on par if not greater than the 007. I'd also place the HE6 with lcd3 pads and mcintosh mc225/ NAD m51 over the WES, woo transport and 007's as well overall, but the high frequencies aren't quite as extended. However the mids are greater than any other headphone I've heard besides the orpheus which I tried at Sennheiser Canada after the show. Now those are not fair and could only wish to own them :/

If the 009's were a bit cheaper I'd probably get them as end games; but for now i'm pretty darn close with what I have + I have more variety. I'll most likely wait for Senn's next flagship, hoping the headphones aren't colored

Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P

There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #8,588 of 12,415
The only thing is from my personal tastes, the sr007mk2 + WES + WDAC1 (Did I get the model right? It's the woo audio dac) was really only marginally better than my hd800 setup. The difference being that the stax setup felt a lot more natural.

You should still listen before you buy, especially when dropping that kind of money. There's a store in montreal called "Audioshop" that has both the sr007mki and sr007mk2 with the bundled amplifier from stax. If you really wanted they could special order the sr009 but do not have one to audition. It would be a good idea to try it before you buy since quality in the higher echelons is a lot more subjective (like personally I don't like the grado sound for the most part).

Hmm, I preferred the Sr009 quite a bit more than his 007 albeit it being less musicaly engaging; that can be fixed with the system. But tastes do differ. The transparance and pin point imaging is very impressive. I'd rank my HD800 rig in between the two stax in terms of sound texture and sound quality however with more bass texture than both the stax and transparence on par if not greater than the 007. I'd also place the HE6 with lcd3 pads and mcintosh mc225/ NAD m51 over the WES, woo transport and 007's as well overall, but the high frequencies aren't quite as extended. However the mids are greater than any other headphone I've heard besides the orpheus which I tried at Sennheiser Canada after the show. Now those are not fair and could only wish to own them :/

If the 009's were a bit cheaper I'd probably get them as end games; but for now i'm pretty darn close with what I have + I have more variety. I'll most likely wait for Senn's next flagship, hoping the headphones aren't colored

Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P

There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.

SR-007 MKI is amazing...I really want one bu it's so expensive, not to mention needing an electrostatic amp. :frowning2:

I've seen a few ATH-M50's on campus recently. I also saw someone with a Senn Moentum.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #8,590 of 12,415
Quote:
saw quite possibly the hottest girl ive ever seen in my life on the way to the hospital.... she had a pair of grado 325is around her neck with what im sure was a pa2v2 amp but couldnt tell the DAP... i think it was ipod video 5th gen.

Quote:
Saw a pair of triple fi 10s in school today. The best part, it was worn by a girl
smily_headphones1.gif

and both of you didn't even bother throwing engagement rings at them? wth  
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #8,591 of 12,415
sorry....Not being late for rounds > girls

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #8,592 of 12,415
Saw a B&W C5 yesterday and AKG K495 today. Otherwise it's been pretty much the same.
1: Stock earbuds of whatever they're using or low-end Sennheiser/Skullcandy stuff
2: Koss Porta Pro
3: Beats anything
4: The rest

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #8,594 of 12,415
Every time I go to the gym I see on average 3 Beats. I always point them out to my workout buddy and he gets sooo livid :p Sometimes I see a guy with Skullcandy Aviators, which I guess is kind of unusual? I've never had the fortune of sighting an average Joe with audiophile grade cans ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back