Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #8,329 of 12,415
Also some V-moda LP2's

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #8,330 of 12,415
spent the weekend at a church retreat in Maryland called Mount 2000.

this guy here took control of alot of the important things that needed monitoring, volume on the speakers, microphones, equalizing sound, playing music. basically the DJ.

and i happened to notice his headphones and i obviously noticed they were made by Sennheiser.

took 2 days to finally get closer to see what they were. and then i asked if i could take a photo of him with his "Sennheiser HD280 Pro's on" and also for his consent if he minded if i would post it on Headfi.org and he didnt mind. and happily posed to look as if he was doing what he is doing.

^taken on Saturday, not with his consent. i really wanted to have a clear shot of the headphones. and taken with a dying Nikon Coolpix S4

^^These shots were properly taken with his consent, a clear view, and with my Blackberry Bold 9700 camera.
he was happy to take the photo, at least he knows someone is appreciating his work!

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #8,331 of 12,415
^^that's awesome^^ lol good job Pinoy.

I also have those cans but mine are pretty banged up. Used them for many years making beats late at night with FruityLoops / FL Studio. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #8,332 of 12,415
I'm a teacher, and I keep my Sennheiser 598s on a headphone stand on my desk.  I've had so many kids ask if they can see/ listen to them.  Over the last five or six months no less than three of my students have ditched their Beats and stepped up their game (two pairs of Fostex T50s and Grado S80s, funny enough).  Now we joke about starting a Head-Fi club after school.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #8,333 of 12,415
Quote:
I'm a teacher, and I keep my Sennheiser 598s on a headphone stand on my desk.  I've had so many kids ask if they can see/ listen to them.  Over the last five or six months no less than three of my students have ditched their Beats and stepped up their game (two pairs of Fostex T50s and Grado S80s, funny enough).  Now we joke about starting a Head-Fi club after school.

That would be cool to make, and I was considering starting an audio club at my college at some point, but I honestly don't know what we would do. You can only talk about audio gear for so long, and I don't think it would be a sustainable club....

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #8,334 of 12,415
Quote:
That would be cool to make, and I was considering starting an audio club at my college at some point, but I honestly don't know what we would do. You can only talk about audio gear for so long, and I don't think it would be a sustainable club....

Honestly, it's just a group of kids who don't hang out with each other under normal circumstances, but would like to listen to each other's headphones.  Very few clubs in high school are sustainable.  I have been the advisor for the Raspberry Pi Club, the Writing Club, the Poetry Out Loud Club, the Latino Club, the Ski Club... and a few others I can't remember.  None of them lasted very long, but they were great fun while they did.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #8,335 of 12,415
I've spotted about 8 beats, 2 pair of headphones that look like they're from the dollar store, multiple IEM's, a pair of PortaPros, 2 Skullcandy Aviators, a Skullcandy Hesh and about a million iBuds over the year.

I kid you not, there is one guy in my class with about 3 different pairs of beats. It physically pains me to look at him whenever he has them on.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #8,336 of 12,415
In 3 years at UCI I've seen a Grado SR-60i, SR-325i, a Sennheiser HD280, UE TF 10's, and Shure 535's. And a ton of those terrible Beats. I saw a guy with the Pro's the other day and it pained me to think that must have paid about as much for them as I paid for my Sennheiser HD650's. In all likelihood, he probably paid more.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #8,339 of 12,415
working the overnight shift at cvs, i saw a customer wearing some etymotics. didn't get the model number

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #8,340 of 12,415
Quote:
What the heck are these? http://www.sennheiserusa.com/professional-audiometers-closed-dynamic-headphones_009860

A colorful HD 280 Pro. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back