Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 22, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #7,336 of 12,415
Had nice long chat with a hippie friend of mine at work today.  I almost shed a tear when I saw the pair of Koss KSC75's on her desk.  I, of course, complimented her on her taste :)

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #7,340 of 12,415
Quote:
Does this count as a sighting?
biggrin.gif

What's up with all the red headphones these days?!?

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #7,342 of 12,415
Headphones seem to be becoming more of a statement than before; embodied in Beats, Soul, etc.
Much the same way that Nike started making colorful shoes at some point. They went from being just something to cover your feet, like headphones were just something to send music to your ears, into a fashion/socioeconomic status statement. Of course, in that process, the function of the thing gets over looked, because who cares how comfortable a shoe is or how good headphones sound as long as they make you cool?

But that is just me rambling with regards to my overthinking nature.

It could just be that people like red.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #7,343 of 12,415
Headphones seem to be becoming more of a statement than before; embodied in Beats, Soul, etc.

Much the same way that Nike started making colorful shoes at some point. They went from being just something to cover your feet, like headphones were just something to send music to your ears, into a fashion/socioeconomic status statement. Of course, in that process, the function of the thing gets over looked, because who cares how comfortable a shoe is or how good headphones sound as long as they make you cool?

But that is just me rambling with regards to my overthinking nature.

It could just be that people like red.

Yeah that seems to be a general trend nowadays. I don't like red coloured products myself except for a few exceptions (I have a matte-red Nikon camera since the bronze colour looked weird and I already have three black cameras). If it's a (PRODUCT) RED item, I would be more inclined to purchase it than if it were not, but I still tend to gravitate towards less bright colours.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #7,344 of 12,415
Leather dress shoes still look better than fruit-colored Nikes and plain plastic/metal studio headphones will always look better than "xtreem urban attitood" gimmick headphones.

Pine are my walls,
Black is my headphone,
Within my grim studio,
No fruity colors shall be shown

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #7,346 of 12,415
Apart from the sea of Beats headphones, I saw an HD558, HD201, Sony MDR7506, Sony XB_00 (they all look the same to me), Sony MDRNC7, Sol Republic Amps HD, Sol Republic Tracks.

I also found this kind of funny:

^ nice job wearing Sony headphones on a Sol Republic webpage

And holy moly, I just realized someone on campus was listening to a pair of Grado RS_i headphone. Jeeze.....~$500+ spent on open-back headphones and walking around campus on the first day of school when everyone is walking about. >.>

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #7,349 of 12,415
beats are rampant over here, so many people have them it`s really insane. I have seen like one xb500 and one random headset I couldn`t identify at my school. Same goes for going around in the city. There are a few Bose headsets I see appear but lol, that doesn`t make it really better. Kinda wanna bring my he-500 to school, just to do it. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back