Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #6,408 of 12,415
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #6,411 of 12,415
I'm late the party...
I've seen 3 B&W P5s in my life (besides my own), 2 of which were worn by students at the school I attend.
I've seen 1 vmoda LP on the bus recently
I've seen a few grados, sr225 on the bus and sr80 at my school
Koss portapros 3 times on the metro
3 times I've seen the m50s
Never seen someone wearing beyers, akg, ultrasone, etc
But tons of people have beats..

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #6,412 of 12,415
Saw someone with Grados at university.
My university in in the city and is the largest one in New Zealand so having open-back headphones isn't exactly what one would wish for.

I've seen grados on the bus (which is loud)
He sat at the back and I was at the front and I could hear like 20% of his music OVER the loud engine of the bus.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #6,415 of 12,415
Oh yes, I forgot to mention! There was a student in my high school (now graduated, as am I) who had the original V-Moda Crossfade LP, and before they really became more popular on Head-Fi too. They were so brilliant looking... unfortunately, several weeks later, his Facebook status said that they were broken :frowning2: sadpanda

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #6,416 of 12,415
All i see are Beats and Skullcandies.
One of my sisters friends i believe has a pair of Audio Technicas (Dont know which one, i have yet to learn all the headphones in existence xD).
Maybe one or two times i've seen Sony headphones.
I'm like the only one with Crossfade M-80s in my school, and i've never seen anyone with something V-Moda related where i live.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #6,418 of 12,415
I had a guy come into my store wearing some earbuds that had a bit of a cool look to them, so I asked what they were. His response:

"Oh, they're called Bones."

As he says it, he gets a bit of that shifty, uncomfortable body language that people get when they're embarassed to admit something, and quickly adds:

"I usually get Skullcandys. These aren't as good, but they'll do."

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Not as good as Skullcandys? They must sound horrifying, because all the Skullcandys that I've listened to had the muddiest, most bloated bass I've ever heard, grating, painful highs, and an unrealistic sounding midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back