Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #6,378 of 12,415
At BC I see a lot of large African gentlemen wearing beats, and people with sony / bose... also this one kid that walks around with hd448s... I had to look that up to make sure but yup that's it.  Not great ones, but at least a respectable name, maybe he has something better at home.  If you're on here, then hello!  I've noticed you lol.  Honestly, I never even wear anything outside anymore since my cx250s broke.  I hate buying iems so not doing it any more, they always break because it's hard to be constantly careful with them.  When they go in the coat pocket who knows what may happen.  No idea how these ones broke and I'm done trying.  I've worn my k540s out before but never really for walking around, only if going on a trip and I'm going to be a passenger.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #6,380 of 12,415
Those Bose earphones are spreading quite quickly...I counted 6 within the day. Ah well, their loss for buying something like that. Otherwise, no other sightings because it's snowing over here now. Not many people walk around with headphones out, with the exception of the blokes with MDR V7506s. But those are built like tanks.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #6,382 of 12,415
At the YMCA earlier, I saw lots of iBuds, I think a pair of Klipsch S4i's, and I even saw people working out with beats solo's and studio's. I also saw some people with off brand on ears.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #6,383 of 12,415
I saw my first expensive headphones today...

Beats the second expensive model with some asian guy on subway -_-

some beats iems with asian guy -_- on subway

cheapest beats the headphones with one wanna be cool kid on tram stop...

Why only beats :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #6,384 of 12,415
Transparent black Shure SE215 or SE315... Looks identical... I'm assuming the SE215 because the SE315 aren't very popular. Just a typical day at school with fellow students with Beats asking me what's strapped onto the back of my iPhone. Hahaha I just tell them they won't understand why... Most of them think it's to make my headphones or IEMs louder... DERP

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #6,385 of 12,415
Took the bus to get some Mesa Pizza earlier and saw someone with some custom iems, although I have no idea what make.  

Also saw someone with V-moda V80s, which is a first for me.  

Only interesting 'finds' today, ibuds and beats mixed in.  In minneapolis, you see LOTS of beats studios/solos while walking the streets.  Mainly visually loud RED ones 
blink.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #6,387 of 12,415
I really don't feel the need to post Beats sightings, since I probably see at least 10 pairs a day, but lately I've been seeing a bunch of Grados, and even two HD 25-1 II's today. It seems that in the past few months or weeks, in general, there have been a declining number of stock earphones/iBuds.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #6,388 of 12,415

Quote:
A couple of Koss headphones (DJ2000 surprisingly and a PortaPro), Sennheiser HD380 I believe, and a SR80i.

I found it incredibly sad that the Beats Studio's have just as much sound leakage as the SR80i's from my experience on the bus today.

I don't think that is an issue of leakage per se, as much as a function of volume. Its like when you drive down the street and someone is blasting their ridiculous car subwoofer at full power. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back