Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #5,536 of 12,415

Quote:
I feel somewhat creepy looking through this.

Yeah my second thought was, "Wait, who was the stalker that took these photos?"
blink.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #5,537 of 12,415
Saw a Shure SRH440 / 840 today at Deira City Center at around 9:30 pm. I seriously regretted not having my amp/iPod in my hands and/or my AKG K 141s plugged in. I was too busy gathering first impressions of my newly bought Klipsch Image S4.. Ugh!

If you saw a tall Chinese-looking guy with a brown striped collared shirt with glasses, that was me! :)

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #5,538 of 12,415
I went to my friend's boyfriend's house a bit ago and he had a pair of SK Pros. They actually sound quite decent. I like them more than the Aviators.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #5,540 of 12,415
Every day at school i see around around 12 solo beats (very popular and high schoolers swear by them), 1 ibeat and 1 dr dre tour, around 5 xb500s (funny how underclassmen have no shame and i laugh because its so goofy looking), and throw in a bunch of skullcandy inkd, jvc marshmellows and any other sub 10 dollar iem. Lots of variety.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #5,541 of 12,415
The other week I saw a guy with a pair of hd555's in the quiet zone of the library. 5 minutes later, he was blasting his dub step and my westone 3's instantly went into my ears to act as ear plugs while studying -_-. I wonder if he's a member here who posted about me 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5,544 of 12,415
Sennheiser HD25-1 ii
Pretty impressed seeing them. I passed the guy two times. He was sitting there, clearly loving the sound. :)

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #5,545 of 12,415
Two XB500 spottings. One was from a stoner kid in the back of the bus

Stoner kid A to stoner kid B

"dude, bro, man these things have, like, so much bass. They're called extra bass." 

"no way, bro, man, dude."

>takes headphones

"Not as good as beats"

And then I got up and stabbed him in the neck.

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #5,546 of 12,415

Quote:
Two XB500 spottings. One was from a stoner kid in the back of the bus

Stoner kid A to stoner kid B

"dude, bro, man these things have, like, so much bass. They're called extra bass." 

"no way, bro, man, dude."

>takes headphones

"Not as good as beats"

And then I got up and stabbed him in the neck.

No no no don't stab him...
Beat him down with Beats!
beyersmile.png

Ok jokes aside, Apple earbuds are still a sight too common here. 2 or 3 people have Aviators around here now though, up from the one in the beginning of the year. Nice lookin' and sounding piece once again, if you ask me.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #5,547 of 12,415
after reading this thread for a couple of weeks i can finally say that i have seen my first pair of headphones... they were v-moda m80's, they belong to my friend, his old ones (some no name brand) were pretty beat up and fixed many times with electrical tape so his mom finally decided to buy him his christmas gift early and they were m80's... he doesn't know much about headphones but i told him to check out head-fi, maybe a new member coming soon? I also see the usual ibuds and cheapo earbuds, and lately have i have seen so many beats, at least 50 people have beats, the studios or the solos or the tours... how saddening =/

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #5,548 of 12,415
My friend got some Skullcandy Ink'd earphones on Black Friday for $7. Terrified by his decision, I asked him why. He replied with, "Dude, you don't need $200 headphones,"... so naturally, I stole them to check out the audio quality.

First off, they don't fit into my ears easily. I have to seriously push them in just so they don't fall out in two seconds. Now....

These have to be some of the worst headphones I have ever listened to. Yesterday, I listened to my Apple iPod earphones again, and I cringed at how harsh everything was. And then I listened to these Skullcandy's.... 

These things have no punch at all, with its bass being extremely, somehow, harsh to my ears. Their highs are unbearable... and only the mids were alright, but they were seriously lacking, partially masked by the destruction of my eardrums by the bass. Electric guitar on these were the equivalent of an annoying girl shrieking in my ears.

So, now I go back to listening to my iPod earphones again... and they're at least ten times better. Then I go to my Sennheisers, and I reflect on how freakin' bad those Skullcandy's sounded.

So, in summary, the highs and mids are incredibly harsh, even at really low volume levels. Seriously bad earphones.... I would take the Apple earphones any day over these. :/ (Not to say that the iPod earphones are necessarily horrible for their tier, but it's just that I have better headphones compared to them, so it's like a, "would you like this one that's alright, or would you like this one that's better?" situation.)

/disgusted

P.S. These literally give you a headache when you listen to them.  They make FLACs sound like 92 kbps MP3s. So sad. Maybe I should lend him my headphones one day....

Edit: By the way, I didn't make this a thread because it would probably be closed and labeled as 'SkullCandy' bashing, when really they're just my personal impressions.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #5,549 of 12,415
I have no problem working out/commuting with my Sansa Clip+ ear buds. 
There's no bass, but vocals are decent. 

You have to look at things from his perspective. 

Let's say you're walking down Paris. You see all these people wearing berets
and black/white striped shirts. You're all "psh, I don't need to dress like that",
and they're all "sacrebleu! this man has TERRIBLE taste in music, I don't even
know why he's wearing such crappy clothes".

or you're walking down this city in Levis. And this yuppie
looks at you with that -_- /facepalm emotion on his face. He's all, "wdf why u
wearing that junk brah?", and you're all "I don't need to wear armani, I'm just
going to the bar". 

nomsayin?

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #5,550 of 12,415

Quote:
I have no problem working out/commuting with my Sansa Clip+ ear buds. 
There's no bass, but vocals are decent. 

You have to look at things from his perspective. 

Let's say you're walking down Paris. You see all these people wearing berets
and black/white striped shirts. You're all "psh, I don't need to dress like that",
and they're all "sacrebleu! this man has TERRIBLE taste in music, I don't even
know why he's wearing such crappy clothes".

or you're walking down this city in Levis. And this yuppie
looks at you with that -_- /facepalm emotion on his face. He's all, "wdf why u
wearing that junk brah?", and you're all "I don't need to wear armani, I'm just
going to the bar". 

nomsayin?

He doesn't use them in modesty, just because he wants to use them for portable use, though. He tries to be like those cool kids at school who just have their earphones hanging outside the collar of their shirt, because they think they're the schmit. From his perspective, good audio is apparently stupid.

And it's also interesting how you perceive many of the people in Paris to be mimes. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back