Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 21, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #5,522 of 12,415

Quote:
 Can you hear anything while on the bus/subway wearing Grados?

In Toronto, for most stations yes - some parts there are issues when the train speed goes very high (a few stations near Finch, and a bunch to Kennedy). 

The RS1/RS2 don't get much complaints at all (I crack it up to keep the outside sound out) - in fact I only get any warning whatsoever when I listen to stuff like "We will rock you" some people enjoy it and sing/tap alone.. other songs not so much...

I tried to go on a subway in Russia - its impossible to use well any headphone ( IEM's only I guess), same situation in Ukraine.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #5,528 of 12,415
I've definitely seen a large influx of students at my school using Beats. However, I've also spotted maybe three students wearing PortaPros, around the same number rocking M50's, and one with an HD 25-1 II. Hope!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #5,529 of 12,415
Guy asked me if the charter bus hub I was standing at was heading to new york, told him it was actually going to new haven and then noticed he had Sennheiser  hd 218 or 239s on, complimented the headphones and directed him to the right hub for New york.

Oh and I was traveling back to spend today and tomorrow with my family for thanksgiving, then back to college :D

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #5,530 of 12,415
This year someone who had known I had previously owned a pair of Beats saw me walk into class with my Sennheiser HD-25 II's. He said, "Did you really sell your Beats for those?"

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #5,531 of 12,415

Quote:
This year someone who had known I had previously owned a pair of Beats saw me walk into class with my Sennheiser HD-25 II's. He said, "Did you really sell your Beats for those?"

Lol, If I were you i would have answered in a few different ways.

1. "-_- I'm listening to music not fashion, get back to me when you learn how to do the same."
2. "My bad, I didn't catch what you said, It was drowned out by by my laughter at overpriced plastic"
3. "LOL sell? I had to pay a kid to take those things from me,"
4. dont say a thing, walk over and put the headphones on his ear, Then pass him tissue to clean up after himself.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #5,532 of 12,415
Ahahaha, I probably would've said something like that... but I was a little to stunned and didn't want to offend him. Although I must say that those dang Beats are taking my school by storm lately. Especially the girls with the purple Justin Bieber ones.
eek.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #5,534 of 12,415

Users who are viewing this thread

Back