Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 31, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #4,756 of 12,415

Quote:

OH SURE. Take it out of Head-Fi.

LOL jk, but seriously? One Beats Solo? There's a hell more fakes floating about, I'm sure. Last time I checked, 6 fakes. YAY FOR NOT SUPPORTING MONSTER.

UE TF10s everywhere too. EVERYWHERE. Richards.

Well, then they are not listening to their fakes that much, are they? Only saw one in constant use.

Oh and yeah, triple.fis are everywhere round here.

I have already seen like 4-5 in public. I hope they did not buy full retail here.

Jul 31, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #4,757 of 12,415

Quote:
Well, then they are not listening to their fakes that much, are they? Only saw one in constant use.

Oh and yeah, triple.fis are everywhere round here.

I have already seen like 4-5 in public. I hope they did not buy full retail here.

3 were in constant use, the rest were just red necklaces...

Somehow, TF10s can be found very cheaply on local sites.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #4,759 of 12,415
I realized not too long ago that on Hell's Kitchen, when Chef Ramsay does blind taste tests on people, he puts Sennheiser HD 280s on them. Very good choice of cans for the situation, I must say.

-No need to be shy, Ccaian. You've made some interesting findings.
beerchug.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #4,762 of 12,415
Meet-your-teacher day at my daughter's school, so about 20 apple ibuds, and some Senns of some sort in the "Media Center" part of the library.  I'll have to get a better look to see which types are in there.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #4,763 of 12,415
people looked very weird at me when i wore my rs1is at the airport...
The officers at the scanners even stopped me because they thought my fiio e11 looked suspect... noobs...
However a guy from cameroon (he probably was some kind of football player (golden watch and chain and all) came to me and he was like "yo man wassup" and asked me what phones i was wearing.
I taught him something about audiophilia and told him to come over here... haven't heard a word from him yet...

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #4,765 of 12,415

Quote:
From school,
2 triple.fis, a Westone 3/4 in the UE Metal case, M50s, HFI-580, SRH440, Monster Turbines, Alessandro MS1, Marshall Major. Oh, and lots of Jays. And quite a few Powerbeats.
Only one Beats Solo. All running unamped.
Oh, and rumours are that there is a junior Scout who has reshelled JH13s.

An ex-classmate of mine claims to have:
2 SR60s, SRH440s (which he traded his Westone 1s for), Etymotic ER4, Triple.fis (which I saw, and prompted a discussion about his collection), JH5s, Soundmagic PL50s, and a Fer-de-lance running through LOD (which I unfortunately have not seen yet). And, I don't think this is his full collection, I just couldn't remember all of them. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I find it unlikely for someone knowledgeable about Jerry Harvey crossovers, and a pretty esoteric taste from a mainstream perspective to be lying, and neither probable for someone to make up and recite a collection like that off the cuff.

Funnily enough, he was the person that bought the bundle deal from Jaben's site I was eying. (he got a triple.fi, MS1, and I forgot, either a Hippo Box+ or Beyer DT231, for about the equivalent of 82 USD). He sold the MS1 to another ex-classmate for 50 USD.

Yeah. You can combine my sightings with that from crinacle to get an approximate picture of the state of head-fi in our school.

If I had to guess, I would bet ACS(I). Or perhaps RI. Forgive the elitism, call it an educated guess :)

On an unrelated note, Jaben has bundles that are actually worth the money!? Now that is a first.

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #4,768 of 12,415
I was wandering around a mall with some friends. When out of nowhere, I spotted a random wallet with a picture of the Cookie Monster rocking some AKG 241! It was at Spencer's Gifts, so maybe it is a sign that our hobby is going mainstream. So now, we're going to see crazy goths, adorned with piercings, walking around with high-end AKGs..or so I wish.
Either way, I have more respect for the Cookie Monster now.
L3000.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #4,769 of 12,415

Quote:
If I had to guess, I would bet ACS(I). Or perhaps RI. Forgive the elitism, call it an educated guess :)

On an unrelated note, Jaben has bundles that are actually worth the money!? Now that is a first.

SJI my good man :) Trust me, the number of ACS(I) mentlegens supporting Beats are overwhelmingly so. As for RI, I guess they'd rather look at your MP3 player rather than the headphone connected to your MP3 player. Of course, that is another educated guess, seeing that most of my ex-classmates from RI look at my iPhone 4 rather than my expensive-looking Ultrasones.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #4,770 of 12,415

Quote:
SJI my good man :) Trust me, the number of ACS(I) mentlegens supporting Beats are overwhelmingly so. As for RI, I guess they'd rather look at your MP3 player rather than the headphone connected to your MP3 player. Of course, that is another educated guess, seeing that most of my ex-classmates from RI look at my iPhone 4 rather than my expensive-looking Ultrasones.

Ahh yes that makes sense. Do I see a TF2 reference? :) I used to be glad that Singapore was relatively beats-free (as of a few months ago, when I generally saw a UM-series or Shure among the mass of unbranded earpieces), but now I can't take a train ride without seeing at least a pair of those. Its even more painful to think that they retail for about 150% of what they do in the US, and these sad people have probably bought them at full retail. But then again, I have seen someone with SE-315s on the train, as well as quite a few Klipsch Image S4s and A-Jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back