Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #4,621 of 12,415

Quote:
Saw a lady at BART this morning with what looks to be one of those AKG DJ headphones, black with silver.

Those look silly to me. .. K400's or nothing when it comes to portability! well... over here since ive been in uni  no one on campus seems to have a sense of quality for the most part. Alot of skullcandy FMJs, and Bose IEMS. hardly any fullsized. I did see one Grado, but as I dont know what models they offer on the back of my head I cant exactly call it off the top of my head All I know is I saw "Grado Labs Prestige" NO ONE with AKGs besides me, which doesnt help me trying to find someone in my area with the same crazy akg fetish. some Sonys V150, I did spot a Senn HD800 though! but he wouldnt let me touch it unless I brought out my gear. (The 701 respectively) oh and I saw every other (excuse this) colored person with BEAT BY DR. DRE. damn

I want to slap someone everytime they say beats/sc/bose is the best! Beats and skullcandy I have no respect for, Bose I respect for home theater... thats it.

edit: I will tack on I can respect beats and SC for making alot of profit of people without brains.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #4,623 of 12,415
GENERIC METAL NERD TIME

I've grown out of the band for the most part, but Metallica's working on a new album with Lou Reed, with this picture on their site:

I was wondering if someone could tell me what headphones James is wearing?(he's the one on the left for those that don't know)

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #4,624 of 12,415
i have lived in kendal and besides seeing my brothers walk around with grados on i don,t see any good headphones but yesterday i was put in my place, that other people did care about what music sounds like by a guy walking past me with hd 595.

i know not out of this world but yeah the first hifi headphone i have seen in the wild. :)

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #4,625 of 12,415

Quote:
GENERIC METAL NERD TIME

I've grown out of the band for the most part, but Metallica's working on a new album with Lou Reed, with this picture on their site:

I was wondering if someone could tell me what headphones James is wearing?(he's the one on the left for those that don't know)

Could be M50's. I know David Grohl sports M50's when he's doing similair work.

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #4,628 of 12,415
back here in Singapore,i saw more n more of Beats Studio n Solo..
smile.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #4,629 of 12,415
Guy in gym in Melbourne today wearing a huge black Koss..  I think UR20.

He looks very pleased with himself while working out..  presumably because of the SQ and totally enjoying his music.

The headphone cord however, is at least 6ft long and is dragging on the floor and then into his pocket.

Wonder if it might be hazardous in gym conditions........

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #4,634 of 12,415
Lol.  This is like craigslist missed connections..but for head-fiers.

You were wearing B&W P5s.  You recabled them with twags, my favorite.  You looked at me, I looked at you, then you turned away.  Did you notice the portable rig in my pocket - or was I just happy to see you?

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #4,635 of 12,415

Quote:
Lol.  This is like craigslist missed connections..but for head-fiers.

You were wearing B&W P5s.  You recabled them with twags, my favorite.  You looked at me, I looked at you, then you turned away.  Did you notice the portable rig in my pocket - or was I just happy to see you?

This is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back