Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #4,576 of 12,415
While studying for finals, I've sat next to a guy who had M50s and another guy with S4s. I also think that the kid across the hall from me had Grados, but I'm not sure. Also managed to convince two friends to by Meelec IEMs instead of the usual cheapo stuff.

Of course, also see the usual of different varieties of Beats and iBuds. Some Sennheisers too, although I'm not sure what model. And I'll second the idea that the Ivy League has tons of money; Beats are seriously everywhere.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #4,578 of 12,415
Since when did HP partner up with Monster Beats?
Check this out http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2KJPE7HLZ0SIP/ref=ent_fb_link
Ikr?... looks like a complete fail to me... and the audio quality of the video straight up sucks too! (I ain't bashing all Monster products)

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #4,579 of 12,415
Pretty sure I saw multiple Beats at the gym, whether Pro, Studio, or IEMs. They are everywhere and the sweaty Jersey Shore watching Proletariat eats them up. So long as big media says they're cool. Ugh, I feel like I'm gonna puke after having typed that.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #4,580 of 12,415
I saw the "Hello Kitty" headphones in a store yesterday and I laughed for myself a bit as the "Ugliest headphones ever" Head-fi thread flashed through my brain, almost felt like getting them if they weren't 35 EUR. I mean comon who wouldn't adore such a cute looking headphone!

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #4,581 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw the "Hello Kitty" headphones in a store yesterday and I laughed for myself a bit as the "Ugliest headphones ever" Head-fi thread flashed through my brain, almost felt like getting if they weren't 35 EUR. I mean comon who wouldn't adore such a cute looking headphone!

Who'd spend 35 Euro on that? Wait don't answer that, female fashion sense is a fickle beast, and Hello Kitty; is just "Oh so cute"...

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #4,582 of 12,415

Quote:
Who'd spend 35 Euro on that? Wait don't answer that, female fashion sense is a fickle beast, and Hello Kitty; is just "Oh so cute"...

Don't underestimate the power of 7 year old girl persuading parents to buy the headphones! They might as well had charged 50 EUR.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #4,583 of 12,415

Quote:

Don't underestimate the power of 7 year old girl persuading parents to buy the headphones! They might as well had charged 50 EUR.

And once again I am a sad panda. As this is only further proof that mediocrity reigns above all.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #4,584 of 12,415
Doods, I would totally get those HK phones if the SQ was worth 35EUR (what is that, about 50USD?).

And I'd wear them.

In public.

Hello Kitty is so boss, you don't even know.

The only way it'd be better if it was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

-- Griffinhart

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #4,585 of 12,415

Quote:
Doods, I would totally get those HK phones if the SQ was worth 35EUR (what is that, about 50USD?).

And I'd wear them.

In public.

Hello Kitty is so boss, you don't even know.

The only way it'd be better if it was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

-- Griffinhart

Oh yeah totally just say you're doing it for irony's sake and the hipster women will flock to you like lambs to the slaughter.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #4,586 of 12,415

Quote:

Price figure in Finland usually corresponds roughly to same price figure in US or just tiny bit lower, after all we pay 23% VAT, so 35 EUR => 35~$40. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #4,588 of 12,415
So far Beats, iBuds, and more Beats, and also people "rocking out" to those by blasting them so damn loud, WITH THEM ON, that you can hear them, all the way across the classroom (though, with the classroom being quiet). The iBuds, at least. The Beats? Necklaces.

Jun 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #4,589 of 12,415
Well. Just came back from Thailand (almost like my second home) and saw absolutely NO headphones. I'm serious, I'm the only guy in the subway wearing headphones, let alone Ultrasone...

There's hardly anything audio to buy here. The best one I could find was the Pioneer HDJ-1000, and even then it was a display model. There are sure a heck lot of Superluxes floating around, along with other China-made brands that looked too flimsy to be worth my attention.

There are a heck load of gaming headphones though, from Astro to Creative, but they're just gathering dust. A lot of IEMs, but mostly cheap brands.

Jun 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #4,590 of 12,415
Saw a 17ish year old girl with HD201's. I was gonna talk to her about them, but I remembered they've been on sale at Best Buy for $15 for a while, so she just might have gotten them for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back