Headphone Sightings 2
May 25, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #4,531 of 12,415
The only time you're going to see something like the HF2 is a hifi meet. It's exclusive, and all owners normally baby them like another child.

Sighting Wise: This kid with a Beyerdynamic DT1350..he was in 7th grade (interning at a school, have the class lists).. A teacher with WeSC Bongos..and a parent with a sennheiser cx300.

May 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #4,532 of 12,415

Quote:
a friend of mine bought some $90 klipsch iems. i think he did his research :) i think they were image s4

The S4s are really nice. They're my portables and I like 'em. They're pretty dark and bassy, but with EQu they sound excellent.

Quote:
I wish I could say I've seen someone rocking out to HF2s, T1s, HD800s or something, but the "best" I've seen are beats.

You won't see those (IMO) unless someone is very rude. Open headphones in public aren't the best option.

You may see some ED 8s though.

Quote:
Oh, sorry, forgot about that... Glad I don't live in Canada! 
wink.gif
(Though it is a pretty cool place...) 

COOL PLACE. Like cold...Like Canada... lol

May 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #4,533 of 12,415
I spent a few days in Helsinki some time ago, and to my delight almost ALL headphones I saw (there were a lot of them) were either PortaPros or HD 200-somethings. 201's were pretty common. It was a pleasant surprise, I only saw one pair of what I believe were Skullcandies, other than that all the headphones were great. Even saw a pair of HD-25-1 II's in the street.

I also spent a few days in London some time ago, and saw very few headphones to my surprise. Some cheaper Senn's, but mostly just iBuds or Skullcandies.

May 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #4,534 of 12,415

Quote:
I spent a few days in Helsinki some time ago, and to my delight almost ALL headphones I saw (there were a lot of them) were either PortaPros or HD 200-somethings.

We also have a lot of PortaPro wearing people in Sweden, and I have heard it is common in Norway as well. Seriously, when going to work in Stockholm in the morning, a trip which takes about 1 hour of train and subway rides, I can on average see 5 or 6 PortaPros.
I have seen Beats 4 or 5 times since January. Sometimes I see Skullcandy, but it's no match for the PortaPro crowd. I prefer PX100, but I rarely see those...

May 26, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #4,536 of 12,415
Saw some Pioneer HDJ 2000s on the DJ at my school dance; They were pretty beat up. I went up to him after the dance and told him about my ATH-M50s and he was decent enough to know that they are "supposed to be good for audio production". Overall a pretty nice DJ although i hated just about every song he played, but hey, if mainstream crap is what the kids at my school listen to, then that is what he is going to play. (Although I tried to convince him to play a little dubstep, but he wouldn't)

May 26, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #4,537 of 12,415
When I DJ I find that the only way to get out of that modern pop crap is to play remixes of modern pop crap. :D

Also, why would you tell someone with HDJ 2000 about the M50s? I'd take the Pioneers any day of the week. They're actually a very nice headphone.

EDIT: There's actually some really nice remixes releasing lately of more modern pop stuff. Feed Me did a SICK remix of Robyn's 'Call Your Girlfriend', and Gemini did a Diddy remix as well.
Quote:
Saw some Pioneer HDJ 2000s on the DJ at my school dance; They were pretty beat up. I went up to him after the dance and told him about my ATH-M50s and he was decent enough to know that they are "supposed to be good for audio production". Overall a pretty nice DJ although i hated just about every song he played, but hey, if mainstream crap is what the kids at my school listen to, then that is what he is going to play. (Although I tried to convince him to play a little dubstep, but he wouldn't)

May 26, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #4,539 of 12,415
Not for a high school dance, IMO. As long as they know the source material, I find they usually appreciate the remix at least a little bit. 

You'll always get that group of kids that goes 'OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' when something drops hard in a remix too. That Robyn remix was a massive crowd pleaser when I dropped it at a prom I did recently.

Quote:
Wobblestep? For a school dance? That bass is farrr too grimy for such an event.

-- Griffinhart

May 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #4,540 of 12,415
I told him about my M50s because we were on the subject of headphones, not because i thought they were better or because i wanted him to get them. I was simply telling him what i owned.

I HIGHLY doubt the kids at my school would have liked anything even somewhat distant from mainstream crap. I wish he would have played some, nonetheless.

Not even one single rock song...I mean honestly...

May 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #4,541 of 12,415
In my magazine (KERRANG!) josh from you me at six is wearing some Fostex T50RP's in the studio, nice!!!

May 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #4,542 of 12,415
Quote:
I used to wear AD700s everywhere. Been taking my K702s out lately, now. :3

-- Griffinhart

When I had my AD700's I would never be caught dead with them out. I wore them in the library a few times, in a corner in private. They're just so ugly (not to mention large and attention grabbing) and open usually doesn't do well in public. ESW9's and that form factor is perfect although I have some ATH-PRO5MK2's in the mail that I'll probably wear out.

On topic: Far too many beats. I feel like being in Maine we don't have much to choose from in terms of specialty stores... And what is hyped by the media is propogated and that's it.... You cant even get these kids to admit that there are better cans The only people I know with nice cans are my close friends who I got on the band wagon. Seen a couple of people with HD555's and that sennheiser form factor around that Im not super familiar with.

May 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #4,543 of 12,415
My cousin (who is about to go into High School) has a pair of Beats and I feel dirty when I see them. I just saw them for the first time yesterday (in Dallas for a wedding and saw them). 

Didn't say anything, and I know it's 'cool' in high school, but I want to fix his impressionable mind while I can. lol

May 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #4,544 of 12,415
Quote:
My cousin (who is about to go into High School) has a pair of Beats and I feel dirty when I see them. I just saw them for the first time yesterday (in Dallas for a wedding and saw them). 
Didn't say anything, and I know it's 'cool' in high school, but I want to fix his impressionable mind while I can. lol

Let him audition your D7000. He'll be like "woah this bass is sick"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back