Headphone Sightings 2
May 11, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #4,501 of 12,415
  please, everyone stop blaming  bcasey25raptor,... i already got one post removed, from explaining too detailed why not to consider beats good until  you compare with something else, and the thing that there are hearing problems, like wax on tympan that makes you hear other things, and start liking undetailed sound, just because you do not hear some details.... just stop.... everyone has his/her opinion... just do not try to change that......

afterall, one day, everyone will get one sennheiser on their head, and then, the beats era will be over.......

May 11, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #4,502 of 12,415

Quote:
  please, everyone stop blaming  bcasey25raptor,... i already got one post removed, from explaining too detailed why not to consider beats good until  you compare with something else, and the thing that there are hearing problems, like wax on tympan that makes you hear other things, and start liking undetailed sound, just because you do not hear some details.... just stop.... everyone has his/her opinion... just do not try to change that......

afterall, one day, everyone will get one sennheiser on their head, and then, the beats era will be over.......

I doubt that's why that post got removed. 

May 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #4,503 of 12,415

Quote:
Sorry that you're gullible and believe the hype machine that sometimes happens on head-fi. Sorry that you are basing your opinion of what is good and what is not entirely based on your experience with a very small set of headphones.

Yes you make a valid point but what I take from this forum is that Shures offerings sound better then the beats. Which they do but in a different way. Lets stop this whole beats bashing anyways. Don't we have something better to talk about.

May 11, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #4,504 of 12,415
So... do Skullcandy Aviators beat Beats?

And yes, my ulterior motive for the question is to know if even Skullcandy manages to blow Beats out of the water. Yet, I'm also naturally curious, even if I have no desire to listen to either.

May 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #4,505 of 12,415
I haven't had to chance to hear the Aviators, or their new Mix Master Mikes...But they're getting an odd amount of praise around these parts. It sounds like Skullcandy is trying to get some respect on the higher end...

Beats however...Price keeps going up, sound quality is staying about the same...Even if they aren't better yet...I think Skullcandy officially has more potential.

Quote:

And yes, my ulterior motive for the question is to know if even Skullcandy manages to blow Beats out of the water. Yet, I'm also naturally curious, even if I have no desire to listen to either.

May 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #4,506 of 12,415

Quote:
I haven't had to chance to hear the Aviators, or their new Mix Master Mikes...But they're getting an odd amount of praise around these parts. It sounds like Skullcandy is trying to get some respect on the higher end...

Beats however...Price keeps going up, sound quality is staying about the same...Even if they aren't better yet...I think Skullcandy officially has more potential.

So the question is, how would a brand be looked at if it continued making the scum of the earth headphones and yet starting to make a few select quality headphones meant for the audiophile crowd and the discerning casual listener?

May 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #4,507 of 12,415
As a company with a good strategy?

There's nothing wrong with that at all as long as they're priced appropriately. The reason Bose, Skullcandy, and Monster (Beats, anyway) get so much crap around here is for the most part their price/quality ratios are terrible.

Quote:

So the question is, how would a brand be looked at if it continued making the scum of the earth headphones and yet starting to make a few select quality headphones meant for the audiophile crowd and the discerning casual listener?

May 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #4,508 of 12,415

Quote:

I personally liked the Beats better. The aviators didn't isolate well and sounded kind of boring to me.
I liked the V-MODA Crossfades better than both of those, though.

May 13, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #4,509 of 12,415
IMO yea, the aviators sound WAY WAY better.Not super bassy but nice and chill.

May 13, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #4,511 of 12,415
Those are definitely customised WeSC Tambourines or Bongos. I'll see if I can find that exact same design.

edit: i give up, too much crap to sift through, could be just the plain white tambourines painted

May 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4,513 of 12,415
Asians sleeping in the library?

May 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #4,515 of 12,415
Sony NC500D on my friend. I tried them and they suck. Way to muddy.

I didn't tell him though as they were his pride and joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back