Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #4,366 of 12,415
Hundreds of people on youtube who like beats so much that they are willing to purchase fakes. Very very sad, they even know its fake and yet they purchase them for around $100 just because they have to have beats.

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #4,369 of 12,415
How come people still use Grados in public. Don't they have no isolation and leak like crazy.

Because Grado guys don't give a crap what you think, or how much they annoy you. They want their Grado sound, and they're going to have it no matter where they are. lol

They're gonna rock those Grados 24/7

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #4,370 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
How come people still use Grados in public. Don't they have no isolation and leak like crazy.

Because Grado guys don't give a crap what you think, or how much they annoy you. They want their Grado sound, and they're going to have it no matter where they are. lol

They're gonna rock those Grados 24/7

Lol. But doesnt lack of isolation screw up everything when used in public places?

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #4,372 of 12,415

Quote:
Lol. But doesnt lack of isolation screw up everything when used in public places?

Oddly enough the openness of Grados doesn't really make outside noise a huge distraction.  And the pain of Grados is more attention-getting to the wearer.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #4,373 of 12,415

Quote:

You seem to think that everyone cares about isolation and nonleaky cans. I can attest to the fact that this is absolutely not true. Sometimes, I like being able to hear people talking at me even while I'm listening to music. And sometimes, I like to drown out other peoples' mouth-noises with my music. >:3c

(Though, I currently don't own a pair of open, leaky cans anymore. /sadness)

-- Griffinhart

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #4,375 of 12,415
At school - I consistently see one guy with Shure750DJs walking around, not always listening to them though.  Other then that lots of Beats - mostly Solos and Studios, some of the iems too (tours?).  Some of those colorful Panasonic phones you can get at Urban Outfitters, some earbuds and a lot of unrecognizable headphones (models not usually discussed on head-fi)

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #4,376 of 12,415
Spotted a very tall guy wearing AKGs in the city center of Tilburg, the Netherlands a while back. I don't remember what they were exactly, but i think they were K14x or K24x or something...

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #4,377 of 12,415

Quote:

I love mine, but I wouldn't wear them out in public. I would have to crank the volume way up because of the lack of isolation, true.....but also, the long, thick cord would be a hassle to deal with on-the-go. And I've found with them that I can crank them incredibly loud without any distortion, so if I cranked them to block out traffic, I might not think to turn it back down....and I don't want to destroy my hearing. As far as the Grados leaking like crazy, I could care less....if you don't like what you're hearing from my Grados, then walk away!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I do use PortaPros in public...I do prefer to be able to hear the cars coming, after all....but they are meant to be portable, so the nice small cord and folding design make them much more suited to OTG use. And I am conscious of my volume level, so if there's too much background noise, I'll just pause the tunes.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #4,378 of 12,415
I was on a plane recently and some 15 year old kid sat next to me wearing beats, while I had my pro 900's on. After introducing ourselves he asked me about my headphones and I let him listen to them. Sad to say that he wasn't impressed because they don't have noise cancelling like his beats and the plane engine drowned them out, so that was a bit frusterating lol...

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #4,379 of 12,415

Quote:

wow. I'm very guilty of this... and I regretted the day I used them while commuting. it's not the nonexistent Isolation nor the thick twisty wires. It's because of the way they press on your ears. that and wearing them inside the train during rush hour.

*shudders*

I will never do that again.

Back to topic: people with beats studios in the mall. these cans getting more and more common nowadays.

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #4,380 of 12,415
I was on a plane recently and some 15 year old kid sat next to me wearing beats, while I had my pro 900's on. After introducing ourselves he asked me about my headphones and I let him listen to them. Sad to say that he wasn't impressed because they don't have noise cancelling like his beats and the plane engine drowned them out, so that was a bit frusterating lol...

He does have a point. Did they block out the plane engine well in your opinion? I agree it's hard to enjoy music with any background noise...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back