Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4,187 of 12,415
There was a guy next to me wearing Skullcandy Hesh Paul Frank editions. then when i got on my bus i saw two ladies,one wearing those cheap $3 Coby headphones that you'd find in any 99c store and the other was wearing a fullsized headphone, but she was too far for me to see what they were.

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #4,188 of 12,415

is that you babe?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Yeah, you sound like a hipster. Especially since you're saying this with an anime avatar. (Looks like Rena from Higurashi, but it's too small for me to tell rightly.)

Protip: don't wanna come off as a hipster? Don't ever talk about the mainstream, positive or negative. Just like what you like, and come what may. (I say this as I sit here in front of my computer, wearing NY Tripp pants, a Sleeping Lion Heart necklace, with my DT770s, listening to "Komm süsser todd" from End of Evangelion, and alternating between reading Nobilis and ripping/sorting some Therion albums I got for my birthday. And oh yeah, my avatar is Yotsuba.)

Speaking of hipsters and headphones...

Look at this friggin' hipster.

-- Griffinhart

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #4,191 of 12,415

Quote:
That girl is so hipster, she craps out unknown bands.

you do realize i listen to alot of unknown bands right. although my unknown bands are underground metal. im not a hipster just open minded. the majority of the mainstream is trash. its just fact.

oh and surprisingly i haven't seen any beats. me thinks they all broke
biggrin.gif

but i have seen a few pairs of skullcandy. and a pair of sony mdr v150.

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #4,192 of 12,415
I was >implying that hipsters pride themselves on listening obscure music, not that obscure = hipster. Most of the music I listen to is less popular as well

Haven't seen anything since I got back to Calgary, maybe I need to move to Toronto. But that 13% sales tax is a big turnoff. I wonder what I'll see at the worlds in St Louis 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #4,193 of 12,415
you do realize i listen to alot of unknown bands right. although my unknown bands are underground metal. im not a hipster just open minded. the majority of the mainstream is trash. its just fact.

biggrin.gif

Clearly not too open minded! :wink:

The fact that you think mainstream=trash is why people are calling you a hipster!

I've seen two more DT770s this past week, very strange... I guess the chunky retro look is catching on?

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #4,195 of 12,415

biggrin.gif

Heh, someone's getting defensive. :p

Wait, I listen to Indie, tend to not go with the flow, and use a lot of sarcasm and irony. Am I a hipster? If so, I'm going to go to this really obscure place you haven't heard of to cry and listen to The Decemberists.

I saw some Zumreeds at school. The ZHP-005 or something

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #4,196 of 12,415
Too bad you just told us about the band. Now you'll have to stop listening to it, once 2 people know about it it's too mainstream

Theres one artist in my library who I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person in AB who listens to them. Hipster victory!

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #4,198 of 12,415
i may be the only one in my town who knows this metal band. but i don't care they are damn good. they are called kalevala

i would post a link but i don't know if that would be stretching the boundaries on this thread.
anyways. i never tend to see many real headphones in my town. everyone just uses cheapies. which is ironic as kelowna is classified as a fairly rich city.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #4,199 of 12,415
The Decemberists are pretty well-known, actually.

What band are you talking about?

I know, but it's one of those stereotypical "hipster" bands that people actually know of, like the Velvet Underground. (I have way too many hipster friends. Well trying-hard hipster)

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #4,200 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
The Decemberists are pretty well-known, actually.

What band are you talking about?

I know, but it's one of those stereotypical "hipster" bands that people actually know of, like the Velvet Underground. (I have way too many hipster friends. Well trying-hard hipster)

since we are talking about hipsters maybe i should start a thread on it. then we can take the discussion there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back