Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #4,096 of 12,415
I'm sitting in the library and I see a guy wearing ATH-M50's.

It would be hilarious if that guy is lurking head-fi and comes across this. One day I'll be daring enough to call out some of the people I see wearing mid to high range phones and see if the are from here.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #4,098 of 12,415
I've done something similar to that.

On trademe (NZ ebay) I saw a guy selling Beyers and he was from Christchurch, NZ
I knew that Chinseskiwi (a member here) was from Christchurch, NZ and that he had Beyers
So I asked him if he was chinesekiwi but it wasn't, lol. He was a person who knew chinesekiwi though.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sitting in the library and I see a guy wearing ATH-M50's.

It would be hilarious if that guy is lurking head-fi and comes across this. One day I'll be daring enough to call out some of the people I see wearing mid to high range phones and see if the are from here.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #4,101 of 12,415

It's actually not. I give her one of my pairs when she needs them, and she's getting to a point where she prefers them to her old bud garbage.

I think I'm going to graduate her to a set of Grado's for her birthday. I think they're perfect for her style of music.

EDIT: I take that back. Once I get her a pair...she'll hunger for more. So it will EVENTUALLY be a costly decision on my part. lol
Quote:
Sounds like a costly proposition...  XD

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #4,103 of 12,415

Quote:
She's the one, man.  Go for it.

Haha. I have been wanting to try out a pair of grados.
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #4,104 of 12,415
Heh, spotted a pair of AKG K240s on German Television (How I met your mother)
I've been spotting K240 of any kind in TV lately... mostly the DF.

When ever I see German Radio-Stations on TV they are using DT 770... which are horrid but still oh so comfortable + closed.

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #4,106 of 12,415

How I met Your Mother is an American show.
Quote:
Heh, spotted a pair of AKG K240s on German Television (How I met your mother)
I've been spotting K240 of any kind in TV lately... mostly the DF.

When ever I see German Radio-Stations on TV they are using DT 770... which are horrid but still oh so comfortable + closed.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #4,108 of 12,415

Quote:

Really? I love my DT770/600 Premiums. Then again, I'm nowhere rich enough for crazy high-end phones, so maybe I'm just limited in experience.

(And yeah, these cans are crazy comfortable. I can sleep w/ them on. :D )

-- Griffinhart

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #4,109 of 12,415
I'll hopefully be snagging a pair of custom DT 880s soon.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/hifi-manufaktur/dt-880-manufaktur.html

Looking super forward to it.

Quote:
Really? I love my DT770/600 Premiums. Then again, I'm nowhere rich enough for crazy high-end phones, so maybe I'm just limited in experience.

(And yeah, these cans are crazy comfortable. I can sleep w/ them on. :D )

-- Griffinhart

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #4,110 of 12,415
OMG 2 pairs of PX200-II
A white pair when I left home
and a black pair at the MTR station (Local subway)
and some Beats Studios in the train...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back