Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 22, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #3,196 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
i saw a pair of open ear headphones today. i thought they where sennheiser but they arent. anyways he let me listen to them and i thought they sounded better then my shure srh750dj headphones. but then again he had it on very low. i was shocked to even see audiophile quality headphones. those were the first serious pair of phones i found. but can someone help me find out what they were. they were black but the grill on them was a gold color. they had one of those headbands that are made of 2  tubes extending from the the drivers. and it fit on your head but instead of having a solid head rest it was 2 peices that rested on the sides of your head. do you have any idea what they were. i want to look them up.

to those wondering they kinda looked like these.

but they were all black and the grills were gold. also there was no label on the grills. anyone know what they were. the guy who showed them to me didnt know.

ath-a700?

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #3,198 of 12,415
they were open ear. and they had metal grills and yes they had the wing system. so then i assume its audio technica. he said it was from an unknown japanese brand.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #3,199 of 12,415

Quote:
they were open ear. and they had metal grills and yes they had the wing system. so then i assume its audio technica. he said it was from an unknown japanese brand.

but i still would like to know what the model number is. i could see through the grills and saw the back of the drivers. does that sound familiar to any of you.

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #3,200 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

but i still would like to know what the model number is. i could see through the grills and saw the back of the drivers. does that sound familiar to any of you.

YES! It's right on the tip of my tongue too...

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #3,202 of 12,415
Unlikely but maybe they were AD2000?

Or perhaps Superlux HD 668B?

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #3,204 of 12,415
70% iPod earbuds, and the rest are generic $2 earbuds, a recent proliferation of 'Audiology' generic headphones, maybe 4-5 Sony MDR-V150s, and, of course, lots and lots of Skullcandies. Caught 3-4 Beats. I know this kid who is rich and swears by Bose (He has Triports, QC3s, QC15s, and lots of other Bose junk. Too much money, I'd say)

Only good cans I've seen were a pair of Sennheiser 202s, one Porta-Pro, and a couple of Shure IEMs. I thought I saw an M50, but I passed him a second time that day and I realized they were some generic ones. 

Methinks that when I walk in with my K518LEs at school, sadly these $60 cans will be the highest-end headphones there...

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #3,206 of 12,415

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The AD2000 sounds like it fits the description pretty well, except for the gold grilles... 

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #3,207 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The AD2000 sounds like it fits the description pretty well, except for the gold grilles... 

it only had a coed coming out of one side and i am pretty sure they were oval shaped ear cups.

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #3,208 of 12,415
Just saw a pair of Ultrasone Edition 8's (well it was yesterday). I didn't think I would see these out in public especially in Christchurch, NZ. I was the only one that I knew of that had these headphones

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #3,210 of 12,415
Saw a pair of HD448's today. I was going to talk to him, but the kid looked slightly insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back