Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #3,182 of 12,415

Quote:
I have these in metallic gold, but the brand was Eskuche. They sound terrible, but they match my shoes.

Quote:
I saw these today. $20 no name

Quote:
An SR80i? Meh.

Do you want to die?

Shame. They look a lot like the venerable AKG K140. (Last one for those of you that needed it.)

That would be sig worthy if I bothered buying a pair of Grados. Maybe next year.

Quote:
logwed said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
mralexosborn said:

Do you want to die?

My name is Inigo Montoya, you have insulted my Grados. Prepare to die.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #3,184 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
I have these in metallic gold, but the brand was Eskuche. They sound terrible, but they match my shoes.

Quote:
I saw these today. $20 no name

Quote:
An SR80i? Meh.

Do you want to die?

Shame. They look a lot like the venerable AKG K140. (Last one for those of you that needed it.)

Yeah, I very nearly gave the guy I high five, but then I noticed that his headphones looked really crappy and had brand name that prided itself on being murky.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #3,185 of 12,415

Quote:
it's sad to know that you know the top 5 phones in your school...and they're sitting on your desk

i agree with you totally. i had people give me a wierd look because of my headphones but the sound quality cant be beat.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #3,188 of 12,415
Saw a nice guy at my college walking around with some AKG K240's today. He didn't know much about them except they sounded better than anything else and that they suited his tastes. We talked about headphones for about ten minutes. He said the only thing he had ever heard people say to him about them was that they were so stupid looking. Hm.

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #3,190 of 12,415
saw a pair of xb500s walking between classes. better than beats atleast!

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3,192 of 12,415
Yesterday I was completely amazed when in a meeting of the animation industry in my city, a guy who is specialized in score and musical production had a pair of AKG 240.
I made a comment about them and once the meeting was over he asked me about my headphones, I was caring my DT990s in the case so we had a small chat about hi-fi and all...
Pretty cool to find someone with a brand different from bose.

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #3,193 of 12,415
One of my friends had a pair of (unidentified) Audio-Technica earbuds the other day, and I was really surprised. When I asked him about it, he said he got them in Hong Kong, and he seemed pretty knowledgeable about it... 
smile.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #3,194 of 12,415
i saw a pair of open ear headphones today. i thought they where sennheiser but they arent. anyways he let me listen to them and i thought they sounded better then my shure srh750dj headphones. but then again he had it on very low. i was shocked to even see audiophile quality headphones. those were the first serious pair of phones i found. but can someone help me find out what they were. they were black but the grill on them was a gold color. they had one of those headbands that are made of 2  tubes extending from the the drivers. and it fit on your head but instead of having a solid head rest it was 2 peices that rested on the sides of your head. do you have any idea what they were. i want to look them up.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #3,195 of 12,415

Quote:
i saw a pair of open ear headphones today. i thought they where sennheiser but they arent. anyways he let me listen to them and i thought they sounded better then my shure srh750dj headphones. but then again he had it on very low. i was shocked to even see audiophile quality headphones. those were the first serious pair of phones i found. but can someone help me find out what they were. they were black but the grill on them was a gold color. they had one of those headbands that are made of 2  tubes extending from the the drivers. and it fit on your head but instead of having a solid head rest it was 2 peices that rested on the sides of your head. do you have any idea what they were. i want to look them up.

to those wondering they kinda looked like these.

but they were all black and the grills were gold. also there was no label on the grills. anyone know what they were. the guy who showed them to me didnt know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back