Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #3,151 of 12,415

Quote:
I have never seen anyone with beats. I did see a pair of PortaPro's at school the other day, though. It was my first headphone sighting ever.

I had SR80i's on and I looked at her with 'Oh... You've got those.. That's nice I guess'.

I'm turning into a smug elitist a-hole, as it turns out. And I'm loving it.

Yeah, if I had a pair of SR80i's, I'd still use my Portapros on the go...

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #3,152 of 12,415

Quote:
I have never seen anyone with beats. I did see a pair of PortaPro's at school the other day, though. It was my first headphone sighting ever.

I had SR80i's on and I looked at her with 'Oh... You've got those.. That's nice I guess'.

I saw this guy wearing some ibuds, and I was wearing my D5000's through my pico amp.  I was listening to Justin Bieber and looking down my nose at him while he was jamming out to Thrice.  I'm way better than that fool cuz i noez audiophile stuff. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #3,154 of 12,415

Quote:

well, even SR80's could be looked at as "Oh.. You've got those.. That's nice I guess'." so don't be smug, just enjoy your music
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #3,155 of 12,415

Quote:

tisk tisk

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #3,157 of 12,415
saw a dude at uni with B&W P5's, couldn't believe it at first, is there any headphones that look similar for less? i didn't have him down as an audiophile, or anyone willing to spend so much on headphones that's all i was thinking. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3,159 of 12,415
Jesus christ it was a joke :D Sheesh. I was planning on ordering the PortaPro's as well in the same package with the SR80i's, but I heard hair gets stuck in 'em easily so didn't.

Although I do look at iBuds and Skullcandys with a smug look on my face. Guess I'm still an elitist a-hole.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #3,161 of 12,415

Quote:
Jesus christ it was a joke :D Sheesh. I was planning on ordering the PortaPro's as well in the same package with the SR80i's, but I heard hair gets stuck in 'em easily so didn't.

Although I do look at iBuds and Skullcandys with a smug look on my face. Guess I'm still an elitist a-hole.

there's this kid who has beats studio's and he thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread. i really wanna say something but so far i've been able to keep my mouth shut cause he hasn't said anything to me directly

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #3,162 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

there's this kid who has beats studio's and he thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread. i really wanna say something but so far i've been able to keep my mouth shut cause he hasn't said anything to me directly

I've had similar experiences, but usually with AKG users. 'Oh, you like SENNHEISER? Tsk, get a load of my AKG's, they'll blow your MIND'. Then when I still insist I prefer the Senn sound I get shunned and have to sit with the nerds at the cafeteria.

But I digress.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #3,163 of 12,415
I love my SR-125i's, but the openness kinda kills the portability. Skullcandy Hesh, Sony XB-300 and that's all that's identifiable lately. Oh, and the obvious iBuds galore.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #3,164 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've had similar experiences, but usually with AKG users. 'Oh, you like SENNHEISER? Tsk, get a load of my AKG's, they'll blow your MIND'. Then when I still insist I prefer the Senn sound I get shunned and have to sit with the nerds at the cafeteria.

But I digress.

Hahaha!
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #3,165 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But I digress.

I really like my AKG's, but I certainly wouldn't give someone using Senheisser's a hard time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back