Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #3,121 of 12,415

Quote:
i juz can't bring myself to walk arnd with my SRH840s, expecting at any moment to hear something like "cool telephone cord dude!" at any moment >.< ahh at least i gt my KSC75s

id rather use srh840s, ksc75s kinda look wierd when you are using them.

anyways i saw some white beats today. the guy let me listen to them. they sounded like m50s with bass boost on. i really cant see how people would spent that much on headphones like that.

Jan 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #3,122 of 12,415

Quote:

Quote:
i juz can't bring myself to walk arnd with my SRH840s, expecting at any moment to hear something like "cool telephone cord dude!" at any moment >.< ahh at least i gt my KSC75s

anyways i saw some white beats today. the guy let me listen to them. they sounded like m50s with bass boost on. i really cant see how people would spent that much on headphones like that.

isnt it obvious? it's what the doctor ordered
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #3,123 of 12,415

Quote:

Quote:

Which Beats were they? I'm surprised they sounded that good.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #3,124 of 12,415

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

beats pro, I still think I like the sound of the m50 a lot more.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #3,125 of 12,415
Woah. I knew the Beats were bad, but... a $400 headphone!

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #3,126 of 12,415
I actually prefer the sound of the Beats Pros over the M50s, but for $400, I'd rather pick up an Ultrasone with similar sound and half the price.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

beats pro, I still think I like the sound of the m50 a lot more.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #3,127 of 12,415
Just spotted a girl in the cafeteria with a pair of Sony MDRNC7.  This one guy walks around with Beats Studios once in a while.  And this other guy wears Bose. Those are the only two instances where I've seen people wearing those brands at my school I think. Other than that, a couple of skull candies, ibuds, and I think I spotted an urbanears plattan the other day. I used to walk around with my ATH-SQ5's, but I gave those to my brother.  Now I don't have any portable headphone, but I do sport my M50's in the library once in a while.  It's weird how ever since I joined head-fi I've started to pay more attention to what headphones people wear.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #3,128 of 12,415
Saw some blue gummys and ipod phones today. Didn't see any of the usual Beats today... saw some silver solo's the other day. I wore my V700s and got a few looks but no comments. First time I brought them out =).

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #3,130 of 12,415
im seeing alot of wesc headphones. i dont even know this brand but they sure seam popular. on another note i didnt see them but there was an anouncement over lost shure iems. that shocked me considering how much those iems cost. obviously there must be another audiophile in my school.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #3,131 of 12,415

Quote:
im seeing alot of wesc headphones. i dont even know this brand but they sure seam popular. on another note i didnt see them but there was an anouncement over lost shure iems. that shocked me considering how much those iems cost. obviously there must be another audiophile in my school.

Don't get your hopes up, they're probably just SE115s. Better than most of what's out there, though.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #3,133 of 12,415
I have a friend in the upper years who has a pair of Sony MDR-V500 DJs, pretty beat down since they were handed down from his father. Sadly, he also has a pair of Beats but at least he knows how overpriced they are for their sound and bought them at a third of their price. Other than that, not many people I know in my architecture building are quite into audio equipment, despite the topic of sound being a constant factor in design. Just a lot of crappy lower end Sony's, Skullcandies and some ridiculous company known as Urban Ears.

I've thought about writing for my school, who does a pamphlet on anything relevant to the study of space and architecture. Generally just about soundstage, head space, being envelop by the space implied from headphones but I'm not quite experienced in explaining such depth about a hobby I've only picked up a year ago.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #3,134 of 12,415
i just noticed someone with bose iems. probably got them on the boxing week sale for $90. i was debating getting them but later found out that bose sucks. and went with the shure dj srh750s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back