Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #3,017 of 12,415
I wore my Ultrasone hfi-580's to school yesterday. Today, one of my friends who had a listen brought some hp's which turned out to be audio technicas, probably the ath-sj5. It was quite a surprise as I didnt even know he was into music, let alone having decent phones.
biggrin.gif

Other than that, I saw one pair of Sennheiser hd202's and 3 pairs of Beats...

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #3,019 of 12,415
strange enough i never saw any beats here in my town, but craploads of ibuds everywhere.
and loads of those mixstyle colorful headphones,,

oh and saw at least one IE6 and 1 PX80

thank god all of my schoolmates dont have beats, they always come to me if they want to do a headphone purchase, 
1 of my classmates ask me what to buy for about 70USD and i gave him the HD438, and he thanked me and he said it was great!

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #3,021 of 12,415
Was he crazy? San Francisco has a lot of crazy people XD

Quote:
While I was in downtown San Francisco today, I saw a man wearing a pair of Sony MDR-7506 smiling and singing as he walked by. He looked extremely happy with his music playing. He was literally
dt880smile.png
but with eyes.

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #3,022 of 12,415
I don't think so. He didn't look crazy and crazy people don't have nice headphones
biggrin.gif
. In my 18 years of living here, I have definitely seen my share of crazy.

Quote:

Quote:
While I was in downtown San Francisco today, I saw a man wearing a pair of Sony MDR-7506 smiling and singing as he walked by. He looked extremely happy with his music playing. He was literally
dt880smile.png
but with eyes.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #3,023 of 12,415

Quote:
I don't think so. He didn't look crazy and crazy people don't have nice headphones
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Quote:
dt880smile.png
but with eyes.

YES WE DOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3,024 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Quote:
dt880smile.png
but with eyes.

YES WE DOOO!!!!!!!!!!

x2

The voices in my head like when they listen to the pretty sounds of nice headphones.

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #3,025 of 12,415
Saw an asian girl on the 5 train (New York City) this week with Westone UM3X in her ears. I was quite surprised.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3,026 of 12,415
I saw a fellow on the bus with a headphone I couldn't identify. It was huge (big padding as well), black and red with a red pleather looking headband and a red cable that appeared to be studio length (the guy had it twist tied). The design on the cup resembled bloodshed (speckled red on black background).

Obviously not a hi-fi headphone, but it kind of bothered me I had no idea who even the manufacturer was.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #3,027 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw a fellow on the bus with a headphone I couldn't identify. It was huge (big padding as well), black and red with a red pleather looking headband and a red cable that appeared to be studio length (the guy had it twist tied). The design on the cup resembled bloodshed (speckled red on black background).

Obviously not a hi-fi headphone, but it kind of bothered me I had no idea who even the manufacturer was.

it was a pair of Fanny Wangs. you're welcome

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #3,029 of 12,415
Today someone was doing a project on headphones in my class and overall I found it to be pretty interesting until the recommendations came out..The Iem options were good..ex shure se535 was mentioned but when he talked about full size cans..guess who won? Beats..he was even wearing a pair around his neck

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #3,030 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

it was a pair of Fanny Wangs. you're welcome

No? I don't know if that's sarcasm, but they're rather small, don't have black anywhere on the red pair, the headband's rubber, and the cable's about 4ft. And didn't look like bloodshed. Maybe iFrogz or something ridiculous like that.

Saw 2 pairs of ER6i's!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back