Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,956 of 12,415
I just started classes today. Saw my 1st pair of Grado's on campus ever. Slightly older dude (about my age) rockin' a pair of SR80i's.  I just gave a passing head nod to him as I tapped my ES7's that were on my head. Got a great big knowing grin back.

We are out there!

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #2,958 of 12,415
Jan 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2,959 of 12,415

Quote:
My friend got new red Monster Beats Solo. Meh.

Quote:
My cousin got the Beats Solo. Meh. 

Quote:
His was red. Meh

This kid came into class triumphantly showing off how great they sounded. Meh.

I wish I didn't get mad at people wasting money, but it really, really makes me angry. Oh and he had the balls to mention how much they cost with a smug grin on his face. 
angry_face.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,961 of 12,415
not to brag, but my $350 westone dwee's "earbuds" beat da crapz out of dems beatz

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #2,963 of 12,415
I am selling my oh so magical headphones to you now so you may appreciate it as I do. Now I get my artificial sounding K702's and will probably be pissed. XD
But they look cool. 

When I feel the necessity, I brag about my setup (when peeps talk about Bose or Monster or whateverthe****). How it's worth about $500. And they are pretty much like OMGWTFBBQ. Not like "WOW!", but like "He is dumb and spoiled." I wish they could just listen to it. Audio is the only worthy tech cause. Amps and headphones don't "expire" as PC's or cell phones or TV's do. 

But I mention the price because Beats Pros are $400. I listened to them. My current headphones sound better out of my Droid and for half the price. 

Not holier than thou, I know many of your Head-Fi'er spend a lot more $ than I do. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #2,964 of 12,415
Some kid walked into health class today wearing a pair of black skullcandy skullcrushers.  I look over at him 5 minutes after class had started and there he is, literally rubbing the earcups against his forehead 
confused.gif
blink.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #2,967 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
I talked with some guy who thought the Beats were the best headphones ever. By the end of the bus ride I had him convinced that he was a racist. It was a fun bus ride.

Sounds a lot like my bus rides. We do some crazy s*** on the way home from school.

I enjoying preying on the weak minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back