Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #2,912 of 12,415

Quote:
I'm currently stuck at the Sea-tac airport in Seattle, and all I'm seeing is Bose, Bose, Beats, and "Excellent Noise Cancelling" Sony's. It's kind of depressing...

frown.gif

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #2,915 of 12,415
so apparently every hippster in my school suddenly found out about weSC now they are everywhere, nothing but weSC and skull candy permeates the halls, and the kid I sold my XB-700 to, and another friend and his clip on koss*name escapes me*

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #2,916 of 12,415

Quote:
as sad as it is, the best headphones I've seen at my school are my Bose tri's. needless to say, the K701's will set the bar quite a bit higher come January third.

Same here - one kid with Bose triports, some people with Beats, and my friend with K81s.

I would discourage you from using K701s in a school. Everyone will hear your music, whether they like it or not, and 90 percent of what you hear will be ambient noise instead of your music. And that's not even mentioning the cumbersome size, lack of amplification (unless you bring a full-size amp and power cables to school, in which case you are a truly crazy audiophile) and probability of them getting damaged - the K701s are not poorly made, but they're much more fragile than say, Beyerdynamics and Ultrasones. Just...don't. It's not a smart idea.

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #2,917 of 12,415
At my high school I have my hd 438s, I see beats solo, my friend dosen't bring his sr80i lol. I also see some cheap sennheisers and some skullcandies, although I am the only one with medium full sized headphones lol

Dec 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #2,919 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
as sad as it is, the best headphones I've seen at my school are my Bose tri's. needless to say, the K701's will set the bar quite a bit higher come January third.

Same here - one kid with Bose triports, some people with Beats, and my friend with K81s.

I would discourage you from using K701s in a school. Everyone will hear your music, whether they like it or not, and 90 percent of what you hear will be ambient noise instead of your music. And that's not even mentioning the cumbersome size, lack of amplification (unless you bring a full-size amp and power cables to school, in which case you are a truly crazy audiophile) and probability of them getting damaged - the K701s are not poorly made, but they're much more fragile than say, Beyerdynamics and Ultrasones. Just...don't. It's not a smart idea.

i wasn't actually thinking of taking them to school, too much of a hassle. i think i'll just keep my tri's as my "on the go" headphones until they break

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #2,920 of 12,415
I saw a guy wearing some HD 595 today... I don't know if he could hear anything, he was crossing the street in the traffic, but it's still something!

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #2,921 of 12,415
Visited my old man on christmas, and used his computer for a bit. Noticed an old looking pair of headphones behind the monitor and picked them up for giggles to see what they were. Expecting a cheap-o brand it was quite a shocker when I noticed that they were actually Audio-Technicas. So old that by googling up the model number (I think it was LT-something) I didn't even find that exact model. Turns out they weren't his, but missus' phones, which was even more surprising, since while my old man is a music lover (not exactly a hi-fi person though) the missus is not.

Other than that, the only phones I see around me are the stock iPod phones or cheap IEM's. One female friend even has a pair of Skullcandys, which is equal parts sad and infuriating.

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #2,924 of 12,415

A few weeks back I saw a guy on the 45 bus in London with a pair of B&W P5's, this whilst wearing my Beyer T50p's...

Now I also have P5's - Damn that guy on the bus lol...
...Luckily I feel the odds of seeing anyone on the bus with an R10 or an HE90 are very limited 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back