Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #2,447 of 12,415

Quote:
lol. They weren't, he said like M something something (it was "M," a number, and another letter...) I tried to do a search and see which ones they were, but couldn't find any info on them. Shrugs. 

My girlfriend has the Shure SE110. I personally don't really like them much at all, but she doesn't want me to buy her new earphones until those break. I was going to buy her a set of Shure SE535's, since they're supposedly somewhat similar to my Sennheiser HD650's, which she can't seem to keep her little hands away from... ESPECIALLY WHEN I WANT TO USE THEM!! lol.
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//frown.gif" title="
frown.gif
" width="" />

Well she is saving you money. Those Shure's will never break...unless you let a dachshund gnaw on them....

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #2,450 of 12,415
I think I can safely say that audio quality is not the first priority for most people, including music students. I happen to be one and the only decent headphone I've seen in the whole department was a pair of K181's, which, in my opinion, is pretty sad, considering that...you know...its a music department. I believe there are some ATH-M40's in the recording lab, but other than that its ibuds, cheapo sony and some dr. dre phones. It's too bad that I use RE0's on campus, thus people rarely notice them and hygiene prevents me from sharing them. Perhaps I should bring along some extra tips... 

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2,451 of 12,415
went to a local Denny's type restaurant here in Puebla, Mexico. when I moved across the place I noticed a guy with some Pioneer headphones driving them out of his laptop. had never seen those before, so I just googled them and it turns out they are the hdj-2000. it is probably the most expensive pair I've ever seen in this country.....
biggrin.gif

Even if you have the knowledge and the money it is quite difficult to get nice cans here. I am lucky to have a friend in the states who brings me gear every year he comes to visit. I mostly use IEM from Etymotic, Sony , and Sennheiser etc.... right now I'm trying to get my hands on those IEM from Panasonic that are all the rage right now, and probably some Grados.

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #2,452 of 12,415
Saw some portapros today while walking going into the MRT Station [basically a subway]...I am seeing lots of ON3s these days lol

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #2,454 of 12,415
I regularly see a guy at the train station wearing a Superlux HD681. Those actually look pretty cool in a sea of Skullcandy and ibuds.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2,456 of 12,415
lol i tried the dre tour in ear and they were junk, seriously based for one type of music, so i sold them after 2 weeks of pain!!!   IEM's are a market and part of this hobby i dont quite get yet but i see apple earbuds everywhere on campus here in Duluth at UMD. To keep track with the thread, i have seen a pair of hd580 and k240 in labs on campus but no-body had any idea as to what they were putting on their head. The funniest part about this hobby is how high on a pedestal we put audio in relation to life, it seems perfect audio nervana is unachievable... well not for me, build yourself a pair of thunderpants or ask me and i'll help, but to this day i have heard nothing more analog and retain its detail than my TP's. seriously why isnt anybody besides audeze and others exploring this realm???

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #2,459 of 12,415

Quote:
Or let him listen to your cans if you have them on you; they "should" be better right?

That is the wrong thing to do. SQ is a matter of opinion to people completely ignorant to higher end audio. They may like the Beats more because of the bass, thought it may be undetailed, but an unexperienced user can't tell the difference. They wouldn't know what to look for. I say this from comparing my SR225i's to the Beats Studio. I could see how one could say the Beats are better (hip-hop/electronic music) but I wouldn't agree. There is a COMPLETE lack of detail. I don't think a user could tell the difference because most of the population uses iBuds because the don't bother spending $30 on something better. But I am just going on a rant...

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #2,460 of 12,415

Quote:
That is the wrong thing to do. SQ is a matter of opinion to people completely ignorant to higher end audio. They may like the Beats more because of the bass, thought it may be undetailed, but an unexperienced user can't tell the difference. They wouldn't know what to look for. I say this from comparing my SR225i's to the Beats Studio. I could see how one could say the Beats are better (hip-hop/electronic music) but I wouldn't agree. There is a COMPLETE lack of detail. I don't think a user could tell the difference because most of the population uses iBuds because the don't bother spending $30 on something better. But I am just going on a rant...

Wow I know, I've been here for 3 years now; I have listened to an extensive list of headphones, IEMs, and daps along with amps. I've read hundreds of threads and I know a lot about this hobby; don't try to educate me on the preferences or nuances of a headphone's sound and someone's opinion on it.

I made that statement as a sort of underlying dig at the user for just saying that his phones "suck". However, there are BETTER phones for that price; in pretty much all aspects; so your post..... means what?

I love it when people get on this site and try to tell me how I should think or why I shouldn't state my opinion when they have no idea where I'm coming from. If that user was wiling to laugh at another for using the Beats, then obviously they SHOULD have something better; or that's like me laughing at a man who drives a Lambo because I think he spent too much; at the end of the day I'm still not driving that car now am I?

Since he can laugh, he should back that up with better headphones. Try to read for intent next time before jumping on my post with your glorified viewpoint about everything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back