Headphone Sightings 2
May 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #2,101 of 12,415
About a week ago here in Toronto's downtown core, I saw a guy wearing a D5000 (!) at the AMC theatre building.  Yeah, out and about in public in portable situation
eek.gif
.  While I highly question the outdoor use it was nonetheless very cool to see someone with it on their head.  He did look a very happy chap.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #2,102 of 12,415

Quote:
Do it! Also friends don't let friends get Skullcandies!!!

Anyway, spotted some Apple In-ear Headphones, a couple of Sony XB300s, lots of el cheapos and ibuds.

He bought them before I met him. Oddly enough, one of the more vocal praising praising the sound attempted to beat me up today. I'll tell him to save up for a pair of Beats
rolleyes.gif

I really must buy a Jecklin Float to bring to school. Especially to show my band teacher.

May 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #2,103 of 12,415
I saw a senior wearing a pair of SR225 when I was a freshman in high school... It was a fantastic moment. A guy in one of my classes has a pair of triple.fi 10.

Also in high school, there was a girl who wore Bose Triports everywhere she went. Literally. Everytime I ran into her in the hall she had them on. But I guess I can't talk - my beloved AKG 81 DJs were stuck to me during that time too.
tongue.gif

May 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #2,104 of 12,415
I saw some guy with a pair of K701's straight out of his iPhone/Touch at the train station...
I took a photo with my phone but I don't want to post it on the net. I just keep it for laughs with friends.

May 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #2,105 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw some guy with a pair of K701's straight out of his iPhone/Touch at the train station...
I took a photo with my phone but I don't want to post it on the net. I just keep it for laughs with friends.

That'd be hilarious; damn, I wish I tried my k701s out of an mp3 player when i had them...

May 8, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2,106 of 12,415

Quote:

Show me next time.

I swear I saw a guy with a Beyer T-50p, but it's not out yet. Now that I look at the picture of it, the middle of the cup was dark, with white rims. The T50p has dark rims with a silver centre.

May 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #2,108 of 12,415
Apparently my friend's (a different friend. Not the one with Heshes) father has a nice headphone set up. I keep forgetting to ask her what he has. Which isn't as awkward as one would think because she's an amazing violinist and likes good sound and appreciates it (she can tell a real Strad from other high end violins) but doesn't care to buy nice headphones because she wants something pocketable. And I have nothing portable to let her demo.
frown.gif

And I saw someone with some blingy V-Modas. And the reject (no offense meant) wearing bright blue triports.

May 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2,110 of 12,415

Quote:
Bleh, all I ever see are Beats by Dre, Skullcandy, and Tri-Ports

I've never seen anyone wear Beats in public. Heck, Triports are the most expensive headphones I somewhat commonly see. Besides the IE8 sight at a Walmart about a month after its release. And the SE530 on a plane.

May 8, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #2,111 of 12,415

Quote:

I've never seen anyone wear Beats in public. Heck, Triports are the most expensive headphones I somewhat commonly see. Besides the IE8 sight at a Walmart about a month after its release. And the SE530 on a plane.

I must see at least 3 to 4 people a day at the University I attend wearing Beats

May 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #2,112 of 12,415
May 9, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #2,114 of 12,415
Couple weeks ago I saw a guy at my university with K702s at the cafeteria.......... plugged into ipod nano.

I was wondering what kind of volume he was getting, and if he could hear his music at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back