Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #691 of 12,415
I see a lot of cool headphones on the N train everyday. UEs, ETys, Grado, lots of Sens, Shures and even Stax. Oh wait the Stax was my reflection in the window LOL
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #693 of 12,415
Hmm... I've never lived in New York, but my home town is in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area and I was always kind of scared to ride the metro, especially late at night. And I've seen very very few people in the D.C. metro with nice headphones, unlike you guys in NYC.

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #694 of 12,415
I saw some cans today that looked like those old (Koss?) cans that kind of look like a pilot's headset. They didn't actually look old, though. I think that they were a new model designed to look like the old things. They were pastel greenish and the enclosure itself seemed pretty small, maybe the size of those Bose supra-aural. Anyone know what they could be?

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #696 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw some cans today that looked like those old (Koss?) cans that kind of look like a pilot's headset. They didn't actually look old, though. I think that they were a new model designed to look like the old things. They were pastel greenish and the enclosure itself seemed pretty small, maybe the size of those Bose supra-aural. Anyone know what they could be?

I think I might know what headphones...but I can't remember the brand now...because I was looking at a pair...i'll tell if i remember...ugh alzheimers @16 will suck...

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #697 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might know what headphones...but I can't remember the brand now...because I was looking at a pair...i'll tell if i remember...ugh alzheimers @16 will suck...

Panasonic?

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #698 of 12,415
I take the subway every day here in Toronto and I regularly see people with Shures. Mostly e2c/gs but I saw someone with e4cs today. Two guys who I have some classes with have SE210s and I also met someone that has ER4ps.

Havent seen any nice headphones on the subway yet though... most that I see seem to be noise cancelling ones lol

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #700 of 12,415
A friend of mine has been carrying this strange pouch with his ipod all the time. Found out today when he took it out that it was a UM2.
Was quite surprised because Westone products AFAIK are generally sold in the U.S. and it was recommended by a pro audio store here.

Got to test it with my Shure olives. Sounds good perhaps slightly better overall than my ER4P. Great sound and comfort but $300 is a lot of money...

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #701 of 12,415
Jan 17, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #702 of 12,415
I saw a guy wearing SR-60's this morning in differential equations and I noted how bigger they looked compared to what I've seen in pictures, anyways seemed like a pretty cool guy. Also saw HD 212 Pro's on some guy at the back of the bus and he stared back at me; I guess he saw my old e2c's
biggrin.gif

BTW, first post

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #703 of 12,415
Was on metro this afternoon and seen this Rasta dude sporting Hd595, and looked to be packing a pouch with some sort of amp. I could tell because the line ran right into the sack. Needless to say he looked a little crazy but in a good way. And he didn't give a Sh%t what everyone else thought. Bob Marley was clear as day..And loud!! HEHE!!

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #704 of 12,415
I'm curious, as much as I want this thread to succeed has there been a single instance of someone posting "I saw someone at my library wearing sr-80's reading Plato" followed by "That was me!!! you go to ...state too??? I think I saw you with some AH-D2000's on!!!" This might just be the alcohol talking but seriously has there been a single confirmed sighting in the history of head-fi? If so, that's pretty awesome and I guess I'm just envious?

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #705 of 12,415
I didn't see this in public but...didn't want my friend's wax to get all over my headphones so I made him do this...

IMG_0292.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back