Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 18, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #11,942 of 12,415

Only if I had a chance 3.3. I'm those people who gets awkward when talking to strangers. (am I getting too off topic?) is it creepy to try to redraw the scene?

On the bus home, saw someone with a headphone similar to mad dogs, but clearly something else that I don't know...

May I ask what country you live in? As I use my mad dogs as portables, but I ripped off the stickers.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #11,943 of 12,415
Aw, man. One of my favorite Youtubers named Generikb has been suffering when it comes to headphones. He had a Skullcandy Fix, which broke, so he bought 5 replacements at once. Immediately, his kitten destroyed one by ripping it out of his ears!
I wish I could buy him some better earphones
confused_face.gif
..but I'm a starving student..with many nice cans and an amplifier
ph34r.gif
Anyway, just a sad story. Kind of a sighting, I'd say.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #11,945 of 12,415
Originally Posted by Mickice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. . .Thanks to me he has the MDR-V6 tho.

You have changed his life forever! In a good way, of course
biggrin.gif
. Sometimes I just wish I could buy all of the needy people some nice cans, kind of like a charity. On the other hand, I get the mindset that I could bring a non-audiophile to water, but I couldn't make him/her drink.
All-in-all, nothing bugs me more than when they buy multiple of the same type of low-end can instead of spending the same money on a nice one!

Another Youtuber that I like yet kinda dislike, named Valve News Network, wore some Beats in an older video. But now he seems to have an M50. I wonder if he just borrowed the Beats from someone else and had to give them back, or if he actually prefers the M50.
blink.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #11,946 of 12,415
I went garage saleing yesterday and it seemed like every other person on a bicycle was wearing headphones.

Nothing I could identify besides one kid wearing some version or other of Beats.  One guy in his 50's was wearing some kind of really retro looking set of earbuds on a headband.  They looked like something that came with a walkman I probably had in 1995 except they weren't yellow.

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #11,950 of 12,415
New update on campus. Saw a Shure Se846 (could tell from the red in the clear shell) . Students these days....Pretty sure I saw an IM04 too

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #11,954 of 12,415
*FIRST POST, YAYYYYYY*

Anyway, horrible at my school. Ive seen:

~20 Beats
The rest iBuds, generic earphones, or generic sub 20$ headphones.
Some do*che (know him personally) that brings his Grados (not sure what model, don't care enough) and a random amp/dac. Sounds pretty good.
And me, with either Sennheisers, HD 598 (don't bring them) Schiit Magni amp (ditto), no dac yet (budget :frowning2: ), HD 229s, and, being delivered Friday, (so Fing excited), some Audio Technica ATH-WS55Xs. I also have a spare HD 429, which I keep at grandparents house, and spare Razer Blacksharcks, which I bought when I wasn't an audiophile.

(EDIT: I run my music off either FLAC files on my computer or the ones I loaded into my phones SD card. Yay for loss-less files and data transfer cables!)

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #11,955 of 12,415
Just a few sightings recently. I saw a 15-16 year old guy with SR60s walking down the street. About 5 pairs of momentums, an aiaiai tma-1 on the bus, pair of mdr1r, an es7, Ath M50, Sennheiser hd439, hd598. Not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back