Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #10,936 of 12,415

What happen to AKG Tiesto? @.@

I got a pair of K67s in a batch trade, and they actually sound quite good. They're a whole lot more sparkly and balanced than most DJ-oriented headphones, and their sound signature and build quality are both very similar to that of the Koss DJ100. I was impressed enough to make them my main on-the-go portables for when I don't want an amp with me, and I'd be willing to buy a K167 or K267 based on my experience.

I do not recommend the K167's
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #10,940 of 12,415
What's wrong with an iPod?

It would be a waste to pair high end IEM with an iPod IMO. It's good but it's a waste. If you can afford such high end toy, at least, get a better amp or DAP xD

Just afraid iPod output impedance may be too high for it too! [some model! not all]

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #10,941 of 12,415
It would be a waste to pair high end IEM with an iPod IMO. It's good but it's a waste. If you can afford such high end toy, at least, get a better amp or DAP xD

Just afraid iPod output impedance may be too high for it too! [some model! not all]

I don't really use my portable stuff anymore but back in the day I tend to just plug whatever I have into my iTouch when I'm too lazy to grab the amp while leaving the house.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #10,942 of 12,415
I don't really use my portable stuff anymore but back in the day I tend to just plug whatever I have into my iTouch when I'm too lazy to grab the amp while leaving the house.

Same! But then again, I doubt it's reasonable to carry a $1k headphone with no amp UNLESS, it can be driven easily like the K812? @.@

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #10,943 of 12,415
Saw a guy with Koss ProDJ100/TBSE at Megacon.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #10,947 of 12,415
LOL
A Chinese ripoff based on a Chinese earphone.
http://chinandroidphone.com/ecouteurs-xiaomi-piston-fake-attention/

What can I say? Lots of sellers are looking to get into the hype.
But wait...the link you posted was a comparison of the original and fake first-generation Pistons, with A being the fake and B being the original. The first-gen Pistons were silver, the 2.0 version is gold.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #10,948 of 12,415
I get stopped quite often when I'm out wearing my Shure SE535's with custom braided cable. Mostly "that cable is so cool! I've never seen anything like it".. but no comments about the IEM's
confused_face.gif
 .. One person thought they were skullcandys because there is a little skull for the Y-splitter.. SMH

I have yet to notice anyone using some high quality headphones/IEM's yet other than myself. It's all beats, skullcandys, and ipod buds =/

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #10,949 of 12,415
I go to a pretty large university (~40,000 students) and there are an infinite number of Beats. I have seen one guy with a pair of Sennheisers I don't recognize, about four or five ATH-M50s (not including myself or my roommate) and a Grado SR60i (and this is belongs to one of my friends). Everything else can be summed up with Beats, Bose, Apple and Skullcandy. I have to say, I'm rather disappointed that I don't see more quality headphones or IEMs with so many people around me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back