Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #10,832 of 12,415
Oooh. Freddie Wong uses Grado headphones!
At 7:56

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LUxRvjKvLU[/video]
Holy balls, now all he does is have Razer sponsor him, so all I see is Krakens.

I don't know what Krakens are. >.>

I noticed that he changed his YouTube channel name to rocketjump or something instead of freddiew (although the freddiew URL still works).

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #10,833 of 12,415
Decided to have some fun in the airport today.

Took a Post-it note, wrote my headphone suggestions on it (V-Moda M-100, ATH-M50, UE6000/9000, Sennheiser Momentum/Amperior and HD25-1 II, B&W P7, Sony MDR-1R, among others), and stuck it onto one of those Best Buy on-the-go stations.

I figured if they were willing to spend that much money on Beats/Bose, I'd give them superior options for the same or lesser price.

I forgot to take a picture, but I'll do the same thing on my flight back and post it here.

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #10,834 of 12,415
I don't know what Krakens are. >.>

I noticed that he changed his YouTube channel name to rocketjump or something instead of freddiew (although the freddiew URL still works).
Cheap Razer gaming phones.

Decided to have some fun in the airport today.

Took a Post-it note, wrote my headphone suggestions on it (V-Moda M-100, ATH-M50, UE6000/9000, Sennheiser Momentum/Amperior and HD25-1 II, B&W P7, Sony MDR-1R, among others), and stuck it onto one of those Best Buy on-the-go stations.

I figured if they were willing to spend that much money on Beats/Bose, I'd give them superior options for the same or lesser price.

I forgot to take a picture, but I'll do the same thing on my flight back and post it here.
Nice job. Being passive is very helpful.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #10,835 of 12,415
Lol
I was shopping for some woman's beauty products at Target and the cashier liked my headphones. He asked me what kind they are and I replied "V-MODA, the brand a lot of DJs use nowadays." He then asked if they're better than Beats and I said "yeah probably, they're a lot better actually." Then he asked how much they cost and I replied back 310, in which he was surprised since "that's like one paycheck." XD

Also yay for B&W P5 sighting.

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #10,840 of 12,415
Haha this just rang in my ears...

I wanna be an audiophile, so freakin' bad
Buy all the gears I never had
I wanna be on the cover of MOOK Magazine
Recommending all the Audio rig

Oh every time I close my eyes
I am listening to music
Yeah, a different audio rig every night
Oh, I swear the world better prepare
For when I'm an audiophile

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #10,841 of 12,415
I've got two friends at my high school who own ATH-M50's!

And I've seen a guy around that uses HiFiMan RE-400's with an iPod Classic.

Not much, I know - but as an IEM fan, it's a start for me 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #10,842 of 12,415
I've got two friends at my high school who own ATH-M50's!

And I've seen a guy around that uses HiFiMan RE-400's with an iPod Classic.

Not much, I know - but as an IEM fan, it's a start for me :tongue_smile:  

Hey, I use RE-400s with an iPod Classic... where are you located? Unless you mean you saw him in High School, because in that case it's not me because I graduated ages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back