Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #10,817 of 12,415
I wish people actually gave a **** about headphones where I live
frown.gif
It's just a sea of Beats and Apple stock buds.

"You're making it hard to love and tolerate you, bro." - Sincerely, every non-headfier. Also, its commonly accepted knowledge that Beats headphones are the pinnacle of audio engineering and design. If they weren't, why would anyone buy them, let alone capture over 50% of the premium headphone market? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #10,818 of 12,415
"You're making it hard to love and tolerate you, bro." - Sincerely, every non-headfier. Also, its commonly accepted knowledge that Beats headphones are the pinnacle of audio engineering and design. If they weren't, why would anyone buy them, let alone capture over 50% of the premium headphone market? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Sorry, I guess I could have worded that better. I have no problem with people owning Beats, I was just whining about never being able to find anyone else who is also a headphone enthusiast in my area.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #10,819 of 12,415
Sorry, I guess I could have worded that better. I have no problem with people owning Beats, I was just whining about never being able to find anyone else who is also a headphone enthusiast in my area.
Heh, I feel the same way you do. I always have my eyes peeled everywhere I go to try to spot someone, though it'd seem really weird for a random 13 year old to approach a guy with fancy headphones.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #10,821 of 12,415

Just so you know, the bolded section is patently false. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #10,824 of 12,415
Heh, I feel the same way you do. I always have my eyes peeled everywhere I go to try to spot someone, though it'd seem really weird for a random 13 year old to approach a guy with fancy headphones.

I saw someone wearing an M50 a few days ago. I've seen him around before, and I know he's friends with one of my friends, so I said nice headphones to him, but he looked at me like I was some sort of creep.

Recently also saw an HD598 in my school, which is unheard of, since no one gets headphones that cost over $40 unless they're a big name brand here.
Technically, Sennheiser is a biggish brand, but... not to them.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #10,827 of 12,415
I saw someone wearing an M50 a few days ago. I've seen him around before, and I know he's friends with one of my friends, so I said nice headphones to him, but he looked at me like I was some sort of creep.

Recently also saw an HD598 in my school, which is unheard of, since no one gets headphones that cost over $40 unless they're a big name brand here.
Technically, Sennheiser is a biggish brand, but... not to them.
That's funny. I saw this guy at Best Buy awhile ago looking at some S4As, and was about to recommend him some stuff, but I didn't want to seem weird.

Wow, I see more ATH-M50s nowadays than I do Beats. That's impressive.

I remember coming to the university and seeing Beats every 5 minutes.
Marques Brownlee had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back