Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #10,471 of 12,415
Haha thanks guys. There was actually another shop in terminal 1, where I was but it was pretty much the same so I didn't take any pics.i actually wanted to demo the x1 but I currently only have an iPhone 4 as a source, tho I'm looking forward to getting an amp/dac after my CIEM arrives. Btw If any of u come to SG, do visit plaza singapura and the Adelphi. Your eyes just might pop.

In other news, A FREAKIN CIEM ON THE BUS TODAY!!!!! It had a black faceplate and was using the standard braided CIEM cable.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #10,472 of 12,415
Haha thanks guys. There was actually another shop in terminal 1, where I was but it was pretty much the same so I didn't take any pics.i actually wanted to demo the x1 but I currently only have an iPhone 4 as a source, tho I'm looking forward to getting an amp/dac after my CIEM arrives. Btw If any of u come to SG, do visit plaza singapura and the Adelphi. Your eyes just might pop.

In other news, A FREAKIN CIEM ON THE BUS TODAY!!!!! It had a black faceplate and was using the standard braided CIEM cable.

Check out the new iCan nano at Stereo xD They seem awesome for IEM xD 

The iPhone will drive the X1 fine. Just need to push the volume a lil I guess. 20/60 at high gain with my E07K 

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #10,473 of 12,415
So...Interesting (not really) story... Was walking through the hallways, went to the bathroom and noticed an Asian dude had HD 429's around his neck...I was like. Whoa. AN ASIAN? Jk. But seriously all that's in my school are the new Beats and TONS AND TONS of those Samsung stock buds. Like. EVERYWHERE.

But on with it, turns out that Asian was actually an exchange student.

AND I joined jazz band second semester (was VERY lucky to get the 4th trumpet spot).

Anyway, turns out that exchange student is also a trumpet player and IS IN JAZZ BAND! That's why he had semi decent headphones probably.

So ya, I had told him "Nice headphones" in the bathroom, now I see him every other day in first block.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #10,479 of 12,415
If you're going to quote someone who posted a whole bunch of full-sized photos, you should at least put them in a spoiler. XD

Anywho, the T5p is labeled as an "audiophile" headphone? It sounds okay but nowhere even near "audiophile" in my opinion. The bass was fat and loose-sounding, the treble harsh, and the midrange a bit shouty, which is good for vocal monitoring like the Sony MDR-7506, which is 5 times cheaper.

.......holy schiit, never mind. The T5p is freaking $1000+????? That's 10 times the price of the MDR-7506.
Super sad face...

From: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT5p.pdf

I guess the [in]famous Tesla drivers don't do it justice. :/

While demoing the T5P I was largely unimpressed. I found the DT880's to be miles ahead. The bass seemed nonexistant and responded horribly with EQ. All the demo's were done with a Fiio X3.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #10,480 of 12,415
Saw a man on the train with a SR60i or an SR80i, not sure which.

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #10,481 of 12,415
  BilsonChang007,

I would buy headphones from you :)

Finding decent headphones in Brunei without horribly inflated price is a PITA... That's why I order from Head-Direct.

Tell me you're from Brunei, and it will chase all the Monday blues away xD 
  Saw a man on the train with a SR60i or an SR80i, not sure which.

Do did he blast the volume? @.@  At least, I am not the only one in the world using Grado in public xD [Did it once only]

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #10,483 of 12,415
I work at events and was security at a ramp where the buses come and unload/load the players before and after the game ( I was working at a NBA game) Very sad to say every single player that was wearing headphones were actually wearing beats.  This isn't so the public can see and think "oh wow those really tall famous guys wear beats -- I should too"  This was a a private garage with only 5-6 other non-team members all of whom were employees.  

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #10,484 of 12,415
  I work at events and was security at a ramp where the buses come and unload/load the players before and after the game ( I was working at a NBA game) Very sad to say every single player that was wearing headphones were actually wearing beats.  This isn't so the public can see and think "oh wow those really tall famous guys wear beats -- I should too"  This was a a private garage with only 5-6 other non-team members all of whom were employees.  

You should have made a quick comment as they were passing by. Just be like, "Ever thought of Sennheiser headphones?" and then as they turn around, look away. Just plant the thought into their heads...unless they were playing the music too loudly to hear you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back