Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 20, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #11,882 of 12,415
do you have a stack? if so, can you bring it into camp? Also are there charging ports?

I've just gotten a stack. Though I've been bringing my DX90 into camp for the past few weeks, I'll refrain from being stacks in at the moment :x There are charging ports but we recruits are prohibited from using them.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #11,883 of 12,415
I've just gotten a stack. Though I've been bringing my DX90 into camp for the past few weeks, I'll refrain from being stacks in at the moment :x There are charging ports but we recruits are prohibited from using them.

Any word if an X5 can be brought in? I heard sd cards are not allowed inside camp. Is that still true? Ditto with smartphones.

Sorry for the OT :sweat_smile:

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #11,887 of 12,415
Mar 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #11,889 of 12,415

Of course it's it's @DisCHORDDubstep that sees it!
biggrin.gif

YKYAAW you might start paying more attention to the TV to look for headphones in commercials 
tongue.gif

It's probably cause I haven't had time recently and haven't been searching around, but I haven't seen many posts from you or DisCHORD in a while. What threads did you all run off to? 
biggrin.gif

I saw some sort of music player the other day sitting on the dashboard of a car, that I swear had the triangular Pono shape- it was hard to tell because we were moving and the car wasn't too close. Also couldn't tell if the driver had headphones on (which may be illegal in my state?)

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #11,890 of 12,415
YKYAAW you might start paying more attention to the TV to look for headphones in commercials :p

It's probably cause I haven't had time recently and haven't been searching around, but I haven't seen many posts from you or DisCHORD in a while. What threads did you all run off to? :D
I just haven't been posting very often. :D that, and I haven't had many headphone sightings. I went on vacation for a week to Branson Missouri. I saw no notable headphones. None.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #11,891 of 12,415
YKYAAW you might start paying more attention to the TV to look for headphones in commercials :p

It's probably cause I haven't had time recently and haven't been searching around, but I haven't seen many posts from you or DisCHORD in a while. What threads did you all run off to? :D

I saw some sort of music player the other day sitting on the dashboard of a car, that I swear had the triangular Pono shape- it was hard to tell because we were moving and the car wasn't too close. Also couldn't tell if the driver had headphones on (which may be illegal in my state?)

It's illegal in mine as well.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #11,893 of 12,415
I've read about those issues though. Seems that HD800 is very picky of the amps. It must be the top notch amp it seems

IMO untrue. What it is picky with is your ears. If you're sensitive to treble, it's not for you unless you use an extremely warm amp. Otherwise IMO it's good for all genres.

I used a portatube but I went straight from a DT880 to trying the HD800. I do believe that headphones in the DT880's spec need warming up like a speaker before sounding the best, and the HD800 was pretty much straight out the box.

But one thing the HD800 is good for is recreating the feeling of being at a venue... Damn.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #11,895 of 12,415
I believe I saw someone with Sennheiser Momentums, running them out of an iPhone 5C (blue) at the mall in Salem, New Hampshire. I know it had the design, but I thought I'd seen knockoffs somewhere; wasn't close enough to tell. That's the first time I've seen audiophile gear in the wild that wasn't on a friend that I converted, pretty exciting 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back