Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #6,541 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw a guy wearing some Grado GS1000's as he walked into his class on campus today. I was a bit shocked someone would wear those out of the house, especially with rain in the forecast. Would have stopped him he not already been through the door and I wasn't already 5 minutes late. Maybe I'll run into him again at a more opportune time.

I tried wearing my GS1ks in public, lets say its a very bad idea, I stick to HD800s =P

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #6,543 of 12,415

Quote:
My guess is that monster commissioned the fakes to make beats look more popular.

Actually I'm pretty sure they don't need to do that. There are already enough dumb people who buy the real things.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #6,544 of 12,415

Actually I'm pretty sure they don't need to do that. There are already enough dumb people who buy the real things.

That's why monster is removing them.
For like the first 4 years, fake beats could be bought from just about any chinese site. Now monster is suddenly taking action AFTER beats have reached the peak of popularity so that the only option for new buyers is the real ones.

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #6,546 of 12,415

Quote:
That's why monster is removing them.
For like the first 4 years, fake beats could be bought from just about any chinese site. Now monster is suddenly taking action AFTER beats have reached the peak of popularity so that the only option for new buyers is the real ones.

They're taking action? I don't see it. You can still buy fake beats for $10 on iOffer easily.

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #6,547 of 12,415
They're taking action? I don't see it. You can still buy fake beats for $10 on iOffer easily.

Those cheap ones with 2 cords and no cushion on the headband?

And there's not much discussion here but on another forum I visit there was a huge community dedicated to fake beats and there would be so much discussion like "fuuuuu. (insert chinese site name here) got their beats removed. Where do I buy them nao!?!?!"
And it only started happening more recently

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #6,548 of 12,415

Quote:
Those cheap ones with 2 cords and no cushion on the headband?
And there's not much discussion here but on another forum I visit there was a huge community dedicated to fake beats and there would be so much discussion like "fuuuuu. (insert chinese site name here) got their beats removed. Where do I buy them nao!?!?!"

You can get better ones if you pay more. Just go on iOffer and take a look, it's all there.

I never thought they got harder to obtain...

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #6,549 of 12,415
Saw a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 at the Metro. And while I was going down the elevator, I saw a glimpse of the Shure SRH750DJ on the same train.

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #6,550 of 12,415
You can get better ones if you pay more. Just go on iOffer and take a look, it's all there.

I never thought they got harder to obtain...

I know there are still some but the majority have been removed and monster is taking action against the ones they didn't commission.

Also, I saw some shure 435 or 535 on the bus today. Was quite surprised.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #6,552 of 12,415
So in the past 3-4 weeks I have seen more interesting headphones than I have in all my life.
So here is the list:
2 Ath-M50s
SRH440
Turbine Pro Copper
2 MDR-XB500s and twice by the same girl
Bower and wilkins P5
Completely black Beats pros
HD428
HD202
HD205
SkullCandy Aviators
some green-beige colored things
something by pioneer
some square things
some flashy red pioneers
some black and white thing, possibly ultrasone 
some clear plastic double headband things, possibly V-Moda
the usual collections of beats, stock apple earbuds, a lot of in ears that I can't describe

And the best of it all, I saw some T5ps on the train!
Overall, a great past month. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6,553 of 12,415
Lately I've been seeing monochrome Sonys all over, and I think some V-Modas.
Everybody knows the best high end headphones to wear in public are the LCD-2s.  The looks are priceless.

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #6,554 of 12,415
Saw some guy running out of the subway with a pair of Grados, SR60 or 80 I think, one of the black plastic ones at least.

First time I see a headphone like this, normally its always either earbuds, non descript brands, low end Senns or Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back