Headphone Sightings 2
May 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #4,471 of 12,415
Sooooo...today I had a very very very good experience, and a very very very bad experience, BAD NEWS FIRST!!!!

So some tool had the beats Pro's, I asked him"hey didn't you have the solo HD's and the Studios?"
His reply" yea I had like 3 pairs of the solos and a few studios but they broke"
me"sooo.....why do you keep buying the beats if they keep breaking?"
Him" well duh, because the beats are the best headphones around, everybody knows this, If you could afford them you would have them"
.........*looks around room* yea... a little out of my price range, because I just bought a pair of 500$ headphones you dickbutttool.
THE GOOD!!!!
I met a Girl today with, not one but two YES TWO Grado HP-1000!!!!!!!!
We were talking about oscilloscope's for some reason in math when I mentioned a frequency generator, she turns around and says I have like 6 of those.
I kind of game her this"yea... Riiiiight" look, she then proceeded to show me a picture of 3 oscilloscope's and five or six frequency generators, a KICK ASS looking vinyl set up, and her and her father wearing some HP-1000's. I asked her where in the hell she got all of it.
"my great grand parents and grandparents were big collectors of things, they likes music and were pretty loaded"
She said the turn tables were pretty new as her grandparents had passes recently and were still collecting and that the cartridges were all very high end Shures and Grados.
I was pretty blown the hell away at this point.

May 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #4,472 of 12,415
Lol. The first guy is cool. "I'm going to buy more even though they break every 2 days."

I saw a guy with a pair of ATH-M40fs today.

Quote:
Sooooo...today I had a very very very good experience, and a very very very bad experience, BAD NEWS FIRST!!!!

So some tool had the beats Pro's, I asked him"hey didn't you have the solo HD's and the Studios?"
His reply" yea I had like 3 pairs of the solos and a few studios but they broke"
Him" well duh, because the beats are the best headphones around, everybody knows this, If you could afford them you would have them"
.........*looks around room* yea... a little out of my price range, because I just bought a pair of 500$ headphones you dickbutttool.
THE GOOD!!!!
We were talking about oscilloscope's for some reason in math when I mentioned a frequency generator, she turns around and says I have like 6 of those.
I kind of game her this"yea... Riiiiight" look, she then proceeded to show me a picture of 3 oscilloscope's and five or six frequency generators, a KICK ASS looking vinyl set up, and her and her father wearing some HP-1000's. I asked her where in the hell she got all of it.
"my great grand parents and grandparents were big collectors of things, they likes music and were pretty loaded"
She said the turn tables were pretty new as her grandparents had passes recently and were still collecting and that the cartridges were all very high end Shures and Grados.

May 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #4,473 of 12,415

Quote:

O.o

May 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #4,474 of 12,415
At my school library I've seen:

Allen & Heath XD-53s
Pioneer HDJ2000
SRH-840s
V-Moda Crossfades
Some Behringer headphones
Someone from my class might've had M50s but I didn't get a good enough look

I also had the displeasure of hearing some guy with beats pro rave about it and say how its way better than the beats studio and any other pair of headhones

I just wanted to smash my head into the desk

May 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #4,475 of 12,415

Quote:
Arts school? SOTA?

Anyways, saw a guy walking around the mall with a pair of Grado RS-1i, powered by a SR71B.

Noway. Ed8s, LCD2s and HD800s in SOTA!? Why am I not studying there, remind me? Anyway I've seen a guy with SR80s on the bus, as well as a few TF10s, SM3s and UM3xes on trainrides. I really don't get people who walk around with Grados though. Inconvenient things with cables twice the user's height.

May 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #4,477 of 12,415

THE GOOD!!!!

Marry that woman.

May 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #4,478 of 12,415

Quote:
At my school library I've seen:

Allen & Heath XD-53s
Pioneer HDJ2000
SRH-840s
V-Moda Crossfades
Some Behringer headphones
Someone from my class might've had M50s but I didn't get a good enough look

I also had the displeasure of hearing some guy with beats pro rave about it and say how its way better than the beats studio and any other pair of headhones

I just wanted to smash my head into the desk

the beats pros aren't bad, and the other beats aren't that bad either. you guys are just using audiophile snobbery to complain about whats popular, have you noticed most brands popular on head -fi the average consumer is clueless about. i think the popularity of a brand dictates whether its popular here or not.

May 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #4,479 of 12,415

Quote:
popularity of a brand dictates whether its popular here or not.

That is precisely the issue, possible troll.  And it isn't snobbery; the cost vs. return is simply incredibly poor with Beats and Bose.  It's not that they're horrible, it's just that they cost $300 for $10 quality.  

May 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #4,480 of 12,415
Beats Pros are bad (for the price). Some people are snobs, but don't just assume everyone is that hates Beats. $300 is a lot of money to spend on headphones for most people...and (IMO, of course) the Beats are a terrible choice in that price range.

Quote:
the beats pros aren't bad, and the other beats aren't that bad either. you guys are just using audiophile snobbery to complain about whats popular, have you noticed most brands popular on head -fi the average consumer is clueless about. i think the popularity of a brand dictates whether its popular here or not.

May 10, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #4,482 of 12,415
Spotted a pair of M30/M40fs (couldn't tell) while I was wearing my M50s. 
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #4,483 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

THE GOOD!!!!

Marry that woman.

HAHAH I know right!!!

May 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #4,484 of 12,415
May 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #4,485 of 12,415

Quote:
That is precisely the issue, possible troll.  And it isn't snobbery; the cost vs. return is simply incredibly poor with Beats and Bose.  It's not that they're horrible, it's just that they cost $300 for $10 quality.  

sorry but that is bs, i tried the solo hds the other day and they sound much better then my pioneer se m390 which were $70 and those are supposed to be better then headphones 2x its price.
yes they are over priced but everyone here over exaggerates how over priced they are, i would say they are worth $140 - $170, build quality aside they are nice cans. and the pros, other then having an extremely recessed mid range they are quite nice. very clear and very fun, yes they are not audiophile quality but then again some people don't enjoy audiophile quality and the beats pros have massive durability on their side. also 1/2 of the headphones recommended on here are not audiophile quality.

ps i am not a troll i have been here for 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back