Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #4,277 of 12,415

Quote:

What are you talking about? If she's really The One, why would it matter that she sees the thread?

She's actually a woman sent here from the future, after the great Bose-Sennheiser wars when the AKG-Denon alliance was strained to the point of warfare.  If she sees this thread, it will compromise her future and the victory of the Sennheiser-Stax over-alliance.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #4,278 of 12,415
She's actually a woman sent here from the future, after the great Bose-Sennheiser wars when the AKG-Denon alliance was strained to the point of warfare.  If she sees this thread, it will compromise her future and the victory of the Sennheiser-Stax over-alliance.

What are Grado, Beyer, Koss, AT, Ultrasone in these war alliances? I need to be prepared in the event my favorites are in total opposition on the battlefield here.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #4,279 of 12,415

Bose, Koss, Beats, and Phillips are in alliance because they're tired of being considered 'weak' because of their price tags.  Sony and Stax remain neutral, but eventually Sony joins the Bose side in sympathy.  Stax sides with Denon, AKG, Sennheiser and Grado, and the war begins to spin out of control.  Millions die a thousand deaths - Stax and Sony's direct involvement allowed both sides to begin using transcendent levels of technology - in an instant, and eventually one lone warrior (the D7000) ends the war.  The 'big names' in headphones are all burned away, not just dead, but completely wiped away.  Fires a thousand light years long score the cosmos, and the last Great Sound War concludes.
Quote:
Quote:

What are Grado, Beyer, Koss, AT, Ultrasone in these war alliances? I need to be prepared in the event my favorites are in total opposition on the battlefield here.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #4,280 of 12,415
Bose, Koss, Beats, and Phillips are in alliance because they're tired of being considered 'weak' because of their price tags.  Sony and Stax remain neutral, but eventually Sony joins the Bose side in sympathy.  Stax sides with Denon, AKG, Sennheiser and Grado, and the war begins to spin out of control.  Millions die a thousand deaths - Stax and Sony's direct involvement allowed both sides to begin using transcendent levels of technology - in an instant, and eventually one lone warrior (the D7000) ends the war.  The 'big names' in headphones are all burned away, not just dead, but completely wiped away.  Fires a thousand light years long score the cosmos, and the last Great Sound War concludes.

I knew the Stax, Senn, Denon, AKG, and Grado side would win that... even if it did kill them.

But does this mean I can assume Beyer, AT, and Ultrasone are not big companies to you? They aren't involved in this conflict at all.

But, You only have AKG dead here, Harman can rebuild! The loudspeakers are not involved from what I'm seeing, so Harman can ditch loudspeakers to rebuild in Denon's (along with their allies') honor. Then the monopoly will begin and people will only have the Harman sound and never see the options we have today in the current state of the sound war

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #4,281 of 12,415

Quote:

*sheds a tear*

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #4,283 of 12,415

Quote:
Beyer, Ultrasone, AT

They had been absorbed by Sennheiser, Denon and Stax (respectively) by that time.  Some speculate they were erased from time itself.

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #4,284 of 12,415

Quote:
They had been absorbed by Sennheiser, Denon and Stax (respectively) by that time.  Some speculate they were erased from time itself.

So, uh, I'm totally shipping moe anthropomorphications of Sennheiser x BeyerDynamic in my head right now. Kind of wishing I was an artist right now.

STAX x AT... wing-banded electrostats? :O

-- Griffinhart

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #4,286 of 12,415
ok, so the final winner is denon d7000... but where is the much beloved by all lcd2 and hd800 from our firned, sennheiser?...

Well my logic is that the winner has to be a closed can because their attacks hit harder. Open ones may have more powerful attacks on paper, but when the difference is breaking your jaw and shattering your skull from the impact, the D7000 wins. :D

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #4,287 of 12,415

Quote:
ok, so the final winner is denon d7000... but where is the much beloved by all lcd2 and hd800 from our firned, sennheiser?...

The Hd800 could not handle the horrors of the Sound war.  The LCD-2 was heavy infantry, but the mass-produced, faster troops of Phillips overwhelmed them too quickly.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #4,289 of 12,415
ok, and now all of us were thinking that we are some mature persons, very adult and responsable

But what happens with xb700 from sony.?.... it is a bass cannon.... they do shooot bass practically..... and i tested them, they go into 4hz.... (ok, i tear them apart), and have seen the driver and it;s movement, the sound of 4 hz is not really good, just like wind.....

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #4,290 of 12,415

Quote:
ok, and now all of us were thinking that we are some mature persons, very adult and responsable

But what happens with xb700 from sony.?.... it is a bass cannon.... they do shooot bass practically..... and i tested them, they go into 4hz.... (ok, i tear them apart), and have seen the driver and it;s movement, the sound of 4 hz is not really good, just like wind.....

$%&#, you can hear all the way down to 4Hz? /jealous

I think the bottom end of my hearing is 23Hz...

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back