Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 22, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #346 of 12,415
I've seen a dude wandering around UNT a couple of times with SR60s or 80s. I think he plays the saxophone in the music school. I've been thinking about going up to him and inviting him to headfi, but I'm shy.

Ya see people wearing HD280s or MDR-V6s every once in a while. Lots of people that do music or sound engineering at my school, though.

Feb 22, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #347 of 12,415
portapros!!! OMG someone is semismart about headphones in my school!!!

most headphones (that are not ibuds) that i see are usually bose or really overpriced and crappy sony models but a portapro!!!

yay!

Feb 22, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #348 of 12,415
A guy who had E500 on sat next to me in the computer lab. I had my T2 on. What a sight; two high-end IEMs in the same room! Alas, it was my fellow Head-Fi friend who's also on my course
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #349 of 12,415
I don't see many people wearing hp's out in the world (the netherlands). Just the normal earbuds. Some of you talk about girls knowing nothing / little about hp's, let alone wear good ones but I cannot find any guys out here wearing them....(almost no guys then)

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #350 of 12,415
The guy behind me on the VIA (8) this afternoon was wearing Bose Triports. It took all the effort I could muster to stifle my laughter, wearing my HD580s...

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #353 of 12,415
There are far too many ibuds, Triports and QC's at Hofstra Law. My CK7 and T25 do get some attention though. Girls generally like the blue and silver housing and wire. Lots of people want to buy them but they balk when I tell them that the only way to buy 'em now is through Vmoda and they cost between $80-$90. There is one girl in my class who has Marshmallows though and another friend has 3 different colors of HA-F120. Oh well. I guess even law students are not all knowing
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a brighter note my Civil Procedure prof is a borderline audiophile. Rather than discussing jurisdiction we chat about Grados and Senns.
icon10.gif

There is also a guy here who told me that he spent $600 on his cans but he forgot what brand they were. "Ha!" I say. He does have really nice Morel components in his car.

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #354 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...There are far too many ibuds, Triports and QC's at Hofstra Law. ...I guess even law students are not all knowing
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a brighter note my Civil Procedure prof is a borderline audiophile. ...

Glad to see another law student here (I thought I am the only one here)
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #355 of 12,415
Saw a older man wearing HD-590's in public today, he looked quite happy wearing them.

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #359 of 12,415
When grabbing my checked-in luggage after a flight last week, I saw a kid who I estimate was ~18 wearing some cans that I could not identify.

I bet someone here knows what they are, though.

They were ALL white. The headband, and the connectors that hold the cups were very thick and bulky. Just above each cup, they had a large swivel mechanism which looked just like the ones on the Ultrasone Proline cans, only bigger. They were obviously modernly stylized, and the guy was obviously proud of them. He saw me checking them out, but oh well.

I think they MAY have been Skullcandy cans, but when I look at the skullcandies, it just doesn't seem that they are the same thing. The cups on these cans seem bigger than the ones on the skullcandies. But, this may be just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Any idea what they were?

Feb 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #360 of 12,415
I saw Triport Guy on the 8 again yesterday. He was using some sort of Bose PCDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back