Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #46 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amazon would have to pay me to take their DT770s.

Now, now. No need for that. Lots of people enjoy the DT770's just like anything else you'll read about here. It may not be someone's favorite pair of headphones, but for the price they're going for on Amazon it's hard to argue that they don't represent a good value (at least for someone looking for a closed pair of headphones with this type of sonic signature). But whatever, there always has to be a naysayer in every crowd.

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #47 of 278
Ugh - I hate these threads.

But of course I couldn't pass one of these up for $113 shipped
evil_smiley.gif

Would make a nice gift for someone even if I don't end up liking them.
-
quick question - has anyone tried these with some additional impedance?

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #48 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepinDeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's within 30 days, they'll refund you the difference. I was able to do that with the DT 880's they had on sale a couple of months back.

How did you go about doing that? Call? E-mail?

Edit: Just spoke to a customer service rep. They said their price match policy was changed on Sep. 1 and they couldn't give me a refund. Crap. If I waited another day I would have saved another $6, 4 days would have been a $10 savings and if I waited another 9 days I would have saved $19 total. Money that probably would have gone towards different earpads. Anyone know if the earpads sold on the US Beyer site fit the consumer premiumline dt770 2005 editions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, I just couldn't resist that!
biggrin.gif

From what I've read they sound very different from older Pro version, rather bass shy and better mids.

I'm guessing that the older pro models have more boom and punch, is that right? I only ask because I especially like the dt770 05's sub bass and overall sound, but I haven't heard anything else from Beyer. I really want to audition the others though. With the dt770 05s I was very impressed with their sub bass performance while listening to the dark night soundtrack's "Introduce a Little Anarchy". Though I may be a newb, I think that track deserves a listen from anyone with these headphones.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #49 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocksteady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you go about doing that? Call? E-mail?

I emailed their customer service. I can't seem to find "Post-Order Price Guarantee" anywhere on the site anymore, though. Crap! You can usually find it by clicking on the "Visit Our Help Department" link on the bottom of the page. I hope they didn't stop doing it.

I would recommend emailing Amazon's customer service with "Post-Order Price Guarantee" in the subject line and giving them your order number. Hopefully, they still do it.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #50 of 278
ordered these a few days ago, they gave me the post-price match thing (I bought at $119), its just a shame they'll take forever to ship. expected delivery isn't until november 3rd...

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #51 of 278
I edited my post above, see that for more info. MrOldboy, how did you get the post price match thing? I think I'll try emailing them next.

Edit:
E-mailed and got the same answer. I guess I got really unlucky with the timing on this one.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #52 of 278
I emailed them, I think I sent it as a return request, maybe misc. They said it was fine. But I haven't gotten the actual refund yet since I haven't been charged yet until it ships. I guess I'll see when it does and they charge me.

EDIT: I just got email from amazon, correcting the "issue".

Here's the email if it interests anyone. Not all of it, just a small part... maybe 1/6 of it.

Quote:

Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones."

First, please allow me to extend my apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website. I hope I can help to clarify the policy for you.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

I understand you may have taken advantage of a 30-day price guarantee policy in the past. However, that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

I know you are concerned about the price you paid, and certainly understand if you choose to return the item and purchase it at a lower price. If you do not want this item or you like to cancel this order and receive a refund, you may refuse this shipment when it arrives and can place a new order for the same item for the new price. Refusing the shipment allows you to return it without having to pay for return shipping.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused you.

Oh well I guess, not a huge loss, I'm not sure if $6 is worth the trouble...

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #53 of 278
I am in the market for some ~$80 headphones, but from the way you guys talk it would be worth my wild to pay the extra to get these DT 770's?

else, I was going to get the HD280's

I haven't done essentially any research, I shouldn't be disappointed with these, right?

also, how long do you think the deal will last? I probably won't be able to make the purchase till tomorrow night.. or should I just go for it now?

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #54 of 278
The one sale at Amazon is not a pro model, but the consumer edition.
Compared to the Pro models, these have less, but better bass, good mids, a lot of treble energy and a great soundstage. Very detailed too.
If you're looking for a bass monster, than these one are not for you. They are more on the bright side.

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #55 of 278
In my research I came across a lot of your posts on these and they helped me a lot in my decision to finally purchase them. So thanks Tiemen.
I don't consider myself a basshead, earlier I was just curious about the other Beyers. I've read that they (older pro models) have more bass, but wasn't sure exactly what kind of bass (rumble, bottom, boom or punch) and more specifically where on the frequency curve this "more bass in the pros" layed or how much. I suppose I could have mistaken taking "more bass" as including the bass + sub bass regions (20-250hz) and not just the 60-250hz. I guess, I'll never truly know until I've auditioned them myself.
For me right now, the 2005 dt770 have a good amount and quality of sub bass (below 60hz). A little more than I expected in quantity, but pleasantly surprised with its great quality. I feel they could have the slightest bit more punch to them to balance more with the sub bass, or slightly a bit less sub bass to balance with the higher bass regions. I cannot stress enough on how little or slight I mean by these changes. Maybe perhaps they need more time to break in too.

And Tiemen, do you know if the headroom graphs for the "DT770-2006" are for the dt770 05s being sold on amazon?

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #56 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocksteady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Tiemen, do you know if the headroom graphs for the "DT770-2006" are for the dt770 05s being sold on amazon?

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I never look at graphs.
Maybe you can send a email to HeadRoom, and ask them. Usually you get a friendly answer from them.
There is only one consumer edition (stock) at the moment, see Beyers website. So what HR means with 2006 edition, beats me. I assume they mean the 2005 consumer edition.
I have the original DT770/05 review from HR, the one they removed a while ago. When I click on the "Measurements Frequency Response for the beyerdynamic DT 770", it leads me to the graph of the "DT770 - 2006".

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #57 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the original DT770/05 review from HR, the one they removed a while ago. When I click on the "Measurements Frequency Response for the beyerdynamic DT 770", it leads me to the graph of the "DT770 - 2006".

Okay, so far I'm pretty convinced that those are indeed the correct graphs. I'll email them like you said, and hopefully I'll get a confirmation. BTW, I read that HR review from your FS thread. I think that might be what finally sealed the deal for me when I decided to buy them. A value rating of 5/5 at what I'm pretty sure was more than $132? I had to have them.
dt880smile.png

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #58 of 278
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #60 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2006 is wrong. There's 2005 edition as the most recent.

But at my frist link in post #58, they are reviewing the DT770 Pro 250 ohm, I'm certain now.
Maybe that redesigned model came out in 2006?
See http://web.archive.bibalex.org/web/2.../beyerdynamic/ were I took it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back