Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Oct 22, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #31 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe a US Headfi-er can buy one for you, and ship them to your address?
When you pay the Amazon price and the shippingcosts, it's still very cheap.

I'd be in for this kind of transaction! For a pair of those DT770 and pair of cheap earphones for a friend of mine.

I'd prefer some senior head-fier
redface.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #33 of 278
I just bought another set of cans on Amazon, and have been seeing their prices go both up and down, on the same cans, almost daily(!) -- I have been watching every day this past week, and the can of my choice was down, then way up, then down 2 more increments, then down enough today to push my *buy* button. I bet tomorrow they are back up again, but I already got my good price, so it doesn't matter where the price goes now -- I am happy with what I paid.
They might be playing with prices for some market research.
If you are a fence-sitter on one of the cans that has a currently-low price, then go for it!
I did.
L3000.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #35 of 278
Are these the 80 ohm version?

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #36 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these the 80 ohm version?

No, 250 ohm (2005 premiumline consumer edtion).

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #40 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepinDeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dagnabit!!

I almost was able to resist. But it was too good to pass up. Don't know when they'll be this cheap again. Will come in handy for work.

Me too... like I needed these!

I've kind of missed my DT770's in recent years. They were always a great reference point for other bass monster cans. So I'm sure I'll use these from time to time when trying to give my opinion about something else. Not the best reason to buy something, but what the heck.

It's the same reason I still have a pair of HD600/Cardas, just for reference and also to go back to a "tried and true" sound from time to time. But of course, my original pair of DT770 were the pre-2005 Pro version, so perhaps they won't be the same afterall.

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #41 of 278
I saw this the other day and got pretty excited. I think this'll be my introductory headphones (upgrading from my ksc70s). I was going to pair them with the Little Dot MK I+ portable amp; these being my first purchases, can anyone give any feedback on if these would match up? Thanks in advance :]

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #43 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocksteady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw that. Crap. That's almost 20 below what I spent a short while ago.
[size=medium]
Current Price: $113.77
[/size]
[size=x-small]List Price: $319.00
You Save: $205.23(64%)[/size]

I'm checking with Amazon to see if they still do "price protection". Only $6 for me, but still...

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #45 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm checking with Amazon to see if they still do "price protection". Only $6 for me, but still...

If it's within 30 days, they'll refund you the difference. I was able to do that with the DT 880's they had on sale a couple of months back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back