Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Oct 18, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #16 of 278
with the 880 under 200 for a while now, the 770 almost $100, and the 860 so low, does anyone have any idea why this is happening? is beyer planning on releasing updated versions?

it just doesnt seem right to me, its almost like they are trying to liquidate their headphone stock.

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #17 of 278
HiFi Manufaktur is coming to USA!.....I wish.

I actually bought the dt770 05 for 132 on Sunday night. I did all kinds of research for about 4 days and the day after I finally bought them the price dropped to 126. They were supposed to arrive today, but now it looks like I'll have to wait another day.

6usd is not that bad. Its like I paid for shipping. Now if HiFi manufaktur was available starting at these prices..THAT would be all kinds of bad, for me anyway. I think I prefer the classic styles more, but concluded that the dt770 2005 sound were a better fit for what I was looking for, thus ruining my stable of all black headphones.

Does anyone know exactly how long the dt770s were at 132 before they dropped to 126? I just assumed they had been that price for awhile now.

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #19 of 278
anyone know how the pleather is on the headbands of the newer beyer models? is it similar to the snap-on headbands of the older models?

120 seems like a deal
smily_headphones1.gif

edit:, amazon must have lower it more. says $119.76.

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #20 of 278
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 278
Damn these threads. Another $120 disappears from checking account. And I thought I was going to focus on electrostatics. Well, cheaper than 4070s!
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #22 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn these threads. Another $120 disappears from checking account. And I thought I was going to focus on electrostatics. Well, cheaper than 4070s!
wink.gif

Focus? Dude, this isn't the place to come if you need to focus! Nice buy, though. If you don't like them, you can flip 'em easy for $100 and let someone have a free lunch on you (but just one).

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #23 of 278
Yeah 'needed' (as in Head-Fi 'needed') a pair of closed cans... wait what were we talking about?

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #24 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah 'needed' (as in Head-Fi 'needed') a pair of closed cans... wait what were we talking about?

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure those were my 4070's that you were listening to at the Mayberry meet... or did you even make it to the meet? Maybe you've heard another pair since then. I thought you were a drinking only presence that weekend.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #25 of 278
What? My sober appearance was not ingrained in all present?!?! I believe we had a deep, life-changing conversation on alcohol consumption, the stop-watch and certain aesthetic judgements!
wink.gif

Yes, I think the Stax were indeed yours. All part of the push towards moving to the finer sonic presentations of stats. Now back to the opposite with DT770s. We'll see.
popcorn.gif

BTW, everyone which 770s are these? Assume not Pro (good thing in my book), 250 ohm and I'm guessing '05 version? I never got Beyers naming system.

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #26 of 278
Okay, all you guys suck. After learning about the BillMeLater coupon, I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a pair of the DT770s (for $109.76 shipped!!!), especially after seeing the DT880s are back up at $299 or so. I need another pair of fullsized headphones why? Sheesh, this place will just kill you!!

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #27 of 278
I can't speak for anyone else, but at least I really "needed" a pair of closed headphones. They are due to arrive tomorrow and I'll eventually post some thoughts on them. There have got to be other folks out there who ordered a pair -- speak up!
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #28 of 278
I bought these to be my home, super-comfy, and wide soundstage headphone to compliment my other headphones, all while being a tier above them. I also needed a closed design because of noise pollution. I've been considering posting my impressions/comparisons in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bey...s-arse-366263/ , I'm finding alot of what I've read about these to be true. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and they are performing better than what I was looking for and expecting. Like I said before, many wow moments and silly grins.

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #30 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap. Amazon will only ship within the US for these.
frown.gif

Maybe a US Headfi-er can buy one for you, and ship them to your address?
When you pay the Amazon price and the shippingcosts, it's still very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back