1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone reccomendation

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by magna224, May 30, 2011.
  1. Magna224
    I am looking for new headphones for my pc. I have been using my UE SF5 EB's for a little while but I want to get full headphones. I was looking at the A700 but everyone says they lack bass. I would be fine with anything that can match or come close to my SF5 EB.  I am looking in the under $150 range and I listen to mostly metal and a few other genres on the side. I like closed headphones better too. 

2. classakg
    Hi, 

Welcome to head-fi!

Do you want hard kicking bass? are you a gamer? 

3. Magna224
    Thanks.

I game but to be honest audio quality in games doesn't matter to me. I would take music over gaming. 

Listening to metal I like bass but not so its too overpowering. I don't want it too weak though. I would like to get something that has about the same bass to it as the UE SF5s they are the only thing I have ever used besides razer carcharias. Which I thought had enough to keep me happy. 

4. Tacoboy
    First off, need to know the source, what sound card are you using?
    Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80-Ohm have lots of bass.
    CALs (Creative Aurvana live) have nice bass
    Superlux 668Bs have good reviews (have not tried used myself).

5. Magna224
    I will probably be purchasing a musiland monitor 02 US. Since I hear good things about it.

Anything I get I would want to be a large step up from razer carcharias.