Headphone options at around £100, also beyerdynamic DT 880 scam on ebay
May 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JGent

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys[size=13pt][/size]
 [size=13pt][/size]
I’m looking to replace my damaged Grado 125's (beyond repair).  From what I read and for my £100 price, a lot of people seem to think the Grado SR80I is about the best bet at this price.  Thing is I liked the Grade’s, but they are not very comfortable, leak sound like crazy but did sound great.[size=13pt][/size]
 [size=13pt][/size]
Years previous, I had a pair of Beyerdynamic DT911's which where the most comfortable things I have ever worn, but I can't find a suitable Beyer model in this price range.[size=13pt][/size]
 [size=13pt][/size]
I'm a little uneasy on closed back headphones; from my experiences in studios (and at home with Dt100's) they always tend to sound a little stifled (although I love the lack of leakage).[size=13pt][/size]
 [size=13pt][/size]
Has anyone tried the AKG 242?[size=13pt][/size]
 [size=13pt][/size]
I’m pretty much after something a little bit weightier sounding than the grado's and defiantly more comfortable.  Sound leakage would defiantly be high on my agenda as I'm loosing my man cave as I'm turning it into a nursery :D

______

Also I have just got my money back from a scam involving some DT880's on Ebay.  Someone sold a large number of the phones, which did look unusual.  They had good feedback and seemed nice enough, so I won some of the final auction phones for less than £100.... Bargain I thought. 
[size=small][size=small] [/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small]The seller had an issue first saying they needed to get the money out of paypal and had to wait to verify their accoun, as they where selling them for their boss (which I thought was odd but ok.....). Then it was a case of it being 1 week later and I still had yet to recieve them so I asked if they where dispatched if I could have a tracking number.  The seller said they would check. [/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small]I found out later they where selling (innocently on their half) for a company who had no intention of sending the items once they had received the money.  This leaving the seller high and dry.[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small]So I if you see a bargain it maybe the same scam...[/size][/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small] [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back