Headphone Meet in Pittsburgh, PA - October 22nd 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 155
****Update Aug 29th**** Audeze have confirmed that they will send the new MM-500 for the meet

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #18 of 155
Are IEMs allowed/wanted? I have a decent IEM collection I could bring
Of course! I only have a single pair, but a couple of people coming have them. We do have a few portable amps such as the iFi Gryphon and the Hip DAC. I might be able to get someone to bring the Mojo 2 as well.

Sep 3, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #19 of 155
Are IEMs allowed/wanted? I have a decent IEM collection I could bring
Out of all the meets I have held, There have been 2 meets where people brought IEMs and at both meets, people just looked at them. I feel like IEMs are a more personal earphone then over ear or on ear varieties. Because no matter how much you clean them they kinda have been in your ear, plus do you really want others, that you dont know their hygiene level putting them in their ears?

Sep 3, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 155
Out of all the meets I have held, There have been 2 meets where people brought IEMs and at both meets, people just looked at them. I feel like IEMs are a more personal earphone then over ear or on ear varieties. Because no matter how much you clean them they kinda have been in your ear, plus do you really want others, that you dont know their hygiene level putting them in their ears?
This is true! I may not try anyone else’s IEMs but I’ll have my Poly/Mojo 2 plus the store hosting us has all the iFi gear, so why not bring your IEMs along to try on all the various gear? I wonder if that little Neve amp works well with IEMs? We shall see.

I’ll bring the 7Hz Timeless, but I’m not sharing my ear tips!

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #21 of 155
That is a good point. I had been thinking about how we can clean tips, maybe with alcohol wipes, but even then, everyone's ears are a different shape and changing tips is a bit of a chore.

People are welcome to bring their own.

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 155
Damn, a meet finally happened in Pittsburgh right after I moved to Maryland (temporarily). Don't think I'll be able to make it :frowning2:

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 155
I've been to Stereo Stereo a few times. I can attend and bring a few things along. I have the DCA Aeon 2 Closed with Perforated Pads (kind of like the Noire, but in red), the Hifiman R7DX, and another Sundara if more than 1 person wants to try it at the same time. I have a Focal Elex, but it looks like Focal is well-covered at the meet already.

I can bring some electrostatic headphones too (Stax SR-L700mk2 and Hifiman Shangri-La Jr). I have the portable Stax SRM-D10 amp, so I can bring that one easily, but there's only one of those and it only has 1 output, plus it's a low-power amp. My 006tA amp is more hassle to bring, but if people are interested in hearing estats, I can bring it too.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #24 of 155
I've been to Stereo Stereo a few times. I can attend and bring a few things along. I have the DCA Aeon 2 Closed with Perforated Pads (kind of like the Noire, but in red), the Hifiman R7DX, and another Sundara if more than 1 person wants to try it at the same time. I have a Focal Elex, but it looks like Focal is well-covered at the meet already.

I can bring some electrostatic headphones too (Stax SR-L700mk2 and Hifiman Shangri-La Jr). I have the portable Stax SRM-D10 amp, so I can bring that one easily, but there's only one of those and it only has 1 output, plus it's a low-power amp. My 006tA amp is more hassle to bring, but if people are interested in hearing estats, I can bring it too.
Great to hear! I've been wanting to try the Aeon's for a while! Looks like we will have a couple of different options for electrostatics, more info on that to come!

Sep 4, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #25 of 155
Have a SRM-1 MK2 that I can throw in the trunk as well.

Sep 5, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #26 of 155
Damn, a meet finally happened in Pittsburgh right after I moved to Maryland (temporarily). Don't think I'll be able to make it :frowning2:
That's a shame, but if it goes well, we might look to do it again.

Sep 6, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #27 of 155
Pittsburgh Headphone Meet

Date: 22nd October
Time: 11am to 3pm

Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

My name is Bevan Court and I am setting up a headphone meet here in the Pittsburgh area. I have been interested in the hobby for many years, and really found headphones 5 or 6 years back. I have also written reviews for TNT-Audio for a few years for both 2 channel and headphones.

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Rupert Neve, SPL, Bluesound and DCS.

In addition to the items that Michael has (and yes, that includes the Bartok with the headphone stage), I can also add:

Headphones:
  • Hifiman Sundara
  • Sennheiser HD6XX
  • Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

Amplifiers:
  • Schiit Magni 3+
  • Schiit Valhalla 2
  • Schiit Jotunheim 2

DACs:
  • Schiit Modius
  • Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC with the newly updated 2/64 board.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael also runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening. If you are coming, please send me a message, along with your name and a playlist that you would like to listen to. We will then get these added to his Roon setup (as long as they are on Qobuz or Tidal).

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog amongst us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM

****Update**** Mike at Stereo Stereo has managed to get the DCS Lina in from DCS for the meet. Yes that one worth nearly $30k!

https://shopus.dcsaudio.com/products/lina-system

****Update Aug 20th**** We are expecting to have the latest generation Focal Utopia to be delivered for the meet

****Update Aug 25th**** We have confirmed that we will have the iFi Audio Pro DSD DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amp at the meet

****Update Aug 29th**** Audeze have confirmed that they will send the new MM-500 for the meet.

Hi Bevan. I live in the area and I will plan to attend. I could bring an ifi stream with a RME ADI-2, Mojo Poly, Aeon 2 Noire, Focal Clear, Modhouse Argon…

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #28 of 155
Hi Bevan. I live in the area and I will plan to attend. I could bring an ifi stream with a RME ADI-2, Mojo Poly, Aeon 2 Noire, Focal Clear, Modhouse Argon…
Hi, great to hear. Of course, you are welcome to bring the Zen stream, but we will have numerous endpoints setup including 2 of these. We were planning on hooking these up the day before so we are not messing around the day of. Excited to try out the RME, that is supposed to sound amazing.

Sep 7, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #29 of 155
Subscribing to the thread!

The meet happens to fall on the weekend after my birthday, so that MIGHT make me busy… I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, but 45 minutes drive would be closer than CanJam NYC I suppose. It would be fun to come if possible! I helped organize a few Pittsburgh head-fi meets in the past at Music to my Ear, but it’s been a few years, and I’ve never been to Stereo Stereo.

If I do come, would there be interest in some of this gear?
  1. Sennheiser HD 660S
  2. HD 560S
  3. HD 58X Jubilee, bass lite prototype
  4. HD 8XX
  5. HD 820
  6. IE 300
  7. IE 900
  8. Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart
  9. Fostex TH-X0 mk II (T50RP mod by Fostex for Drop)
  10. Audeze Mobius
  11. APOS Audio Caspian
  12. grell audio TWS/1
And some upstream gear:
  1. Smyth Realiser A16
  2. PS audio Sprout II
  3. Cavalli Liquid Carbon
  4. FiiO X7 (am2 module has weirdly good HD 650 synergy)
  5. Sony ZX300A
  6. HiBy R6 Pro
I would hope to only bring a few things, so my car isn’t too loaded, but it would be cool to see what people are interested in.

Sep 7, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #30 of 155

The meet happens to fall on the weekend after my birthday, so that MIGHT make me busy… I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, but 45 minutes drive would be closer than CanJam NYC I suppose. It would be fun to come if possible! I helped organize a few Pittsburgh head-fi meets in the past at Music to my Ear, but it’s been a few years, and I’ve never been to Stereo Stereo.

1. Sennheiser HD 660S
  2. HD 560S
  4. HD 8XX
  5. HD 820
  6. IE 300
  7. IE 900
  10. Audeze Mobius
  11. APOS Audio Caspian
  12. grell audio TWS/1
And some upstream gear:
  1. Smyth Realiser A16
  2. PS audio Sprout II
  3. Cavalli Liquid Carbon
  5. Sony ZX300A
  6. HiBy R6 Pro
I would hope to only bring a few things, so my car isn’t too loaded, but it would be cool to see what people are interested in.

1. Sennheiser HD 660S
  2. HD 560S
  4. HD 8XX
  5. HD 820
  6. IE 300
  7. IE 900
  10. Audeze Mobius
  11. APOS Audio Caspian
  12. grell audio TWS/1
And some upstream gear:
  1. Smyth Realiser A16
  2. PS audio Sprout II
  3. Cavalli Liquid Carbon
  5. Sony ZX300A
  6. HiBy R6 Pro
Would be great if you can come!

I'd be interested to hear the HD560S and HD660S, as well as the Fostex and the APOS. But bring the headphones you want to try out on stuff as well. I think Sam will be bringing some HD800 and we won't be short of Audeze headphones.

The Liquid Carbon and the HiBy R6 would also be interesting to me as they would add a little variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back