Headphone Meet in Pittsburgh, PA - October 22nd 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #31 of 155
Would be great if you can come!

I'd be interested to hear the HD560S and HD660S, as well as the Fostex and the APOS. But bring the headphones you want to try out on stuff as well. I think Sam will be bringing some HD800 and we won't be short of Audeze headphones.

The Liquid Carbon and the HiBy R6 would also be interesting to me as they would add a little variety.
Which Fostex? I admit, neither are still in production, though they are close to the TH 610 and the T50RP mk III.

I’m glad Sam has a pair of HD 800… I do too, but the headband is old and the flakes indicate the pad needs replacing. The HD 8XX is fresh, but I don’t mind leaving it home if I’m bringing 4 or 5 other headphones, and I’m sure Stereo Stereo has many headphones in stock.

Thanks for organizing this event, and good morning!

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #32 of 155
I am quite interested in the HD820. I'd also like to hear the Fostex Purpleheart and Caspian.

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #33 of 155
I am quite interested in the HD820. I'd also like to hear the Fostex Purpleheart and Caspian.
The HD 820 is better in person than when seen on graphs 😂 I’ll bring a balanced cable for it to compare with the stock balanced cable, if that also piques your curiosity :) I used to work for the designer of the HD 820/ HD 650, so I have a lot of Sennheiser stuff.

Hopefully I finish my Caspian review tonight and make final edits tomorrow, post it.

Sep 8, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #34 of 155
I had the chance to try the HD820 for a few minutes at Audio46 in NYC a month ago, and it sounded fine overall to me. A bit thin, but fine otherwise. I'd like to have more time to understand its sound better.

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #35 of 155
I had the chance to try the HD820 for a few minutes at Audio46 in NYC a month ago, and it sounded fine overall to me. A bit thin, but fine otherwise. I'd like to have more time to understand its sound better.
Apparently, it’s really good with the Mojo 2 (I really hope to try that combo!), but I also really like it with the Liquid Carbon (and other Cavalli amps, and my HDV820).

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #36 of 155
Apparently, it’s really good with the Mojo 2 (I really hope to try that combo!), but I also really like it with the Liquid Carbon (and other Cavalli amps, and my HDV820).
Never cared much for Sennheiser amps until the HDV820 first time I heard it was with a pair of 820’s and since 800 and 800S and still liked it quite well. Have to say my Audio GD Master 9 is one of my favorites with my 800’s and Abyss and would be nice to try out balanced on the 800’s with it as well as the 820’s.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #37 of 155
Never cared much for Sennheiser amps until the HDV820 first time I heard it was with a pair of 820’s and since 800 and 800S and still liked it quite well. Have to say my Audio GD Master 9 is one of my favorites with my 800’s and Abyss and would be nice to try out balanced on the 800’s with it as well as the 820’s.
I have always wanted to try an Audio GD, but they didn’t attend the CanJam meets I did… missed out! But they seem internationally well-regarded!

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #38 of 155
I will try to attend and bring my ATH-WP900 and the SR2.

And the Lotoo PAW S2 if anyone's interested to try it out.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #39 of 155
Audeze will be supporting this meet through our dealer, host Stereo Stereo, we'll send them a very special CRBN electrostatic system for you all to check out, in addition to the rest of our headphone line they'll have represented. Hope everyone has a great time!

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #40 of 155
Audeze will be supporting this meet through our dealer, host Stereo Stereo, we'll send them a very special CRBN electrostatic system for you all to check out, in addition to the rest of our headphone line they'll have represented. Hope everyone has a great time!
Since you mentioned "system", do you know which amplifier you will be providing? I've heard the CRBN requires a lot of power to drive properly.

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #41 of 155
Thanks Peter, very excited to see what this sounds like!

Sep 14, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #42 of 155
So, we are going to try setting up an AB test of the Schiit Bifrost 2 and one that had been upgraded to the Bifrost 2/64

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #43 of 155
I’m glad Sam has a pair of HD 800… I do too, but the headband is old and the flakes indicate the pad needs replacing.

I know that we’ve got a lot to do at this meet, but for those familiar with the HD800, you really need to check out this Stefan modded 800. I detest this guy (happy to explain in person), but his mod is worthy. I’ll have it and an SDR 800 for comparisons.

Sam

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #44 of 155
I know that we’ve got a lot to do at this meet, but for those familiar with the HD800, you really need to check out this Stefan modded 800. I detest this guy (happy to explain in person), but his mod is worthy. I’ll have it and an SDR 800 for comparisons.

Sam
Have a pair of unmodded HD-800 might be fun to compare the 3 of them.

Sep 15, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #45 of 155
That’s awesome, thanks for the attention to enhance our local meet! I’ve heard the LCD5 and most of Audeze’s headphones, but the CRBN is something I have yet to spend quality time with :)

Please say Hi to Sankar and @Mad Lust Envy for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back