Headphone girls, interesting
Mar 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #106 of 1,453
They do a really good job with it. It's kind of hard to love if you're not a fan though, I suppose.

Quote:
I mean.. a live concert should be.. "live" where you can see your favorite star perform.
Music is emotion, feeling. I mean facial expression during a song is really important.
But a hologram? lol.. I dunno if i can accept that yet

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #108 of 1,453
Mar 23, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #109 of 1,453

Quote:
I mean.. a live concert should be.. "live" where you can see your favorite star perform.
Music is emotion, feeling. I mean facial expression during a song is really important.
But a hologram? lol.. I dunno if i can accept that yet

Bah. What, because Miku is a voice synth program, she's not alive? As far as I can tell, during the 39's Giving Day concerts, she was live - I saw her, and Rin, and Len, and Luka all perform live on a stage in front of hundreds of fans. And there was emotion there - both in the crowd and amongst the performers. Hell, Miku cried during her second concert.

Also there are plenty of other concerts featuring music from anime performed by live human beings (typically the voice actresses of characters). For example, a live performance of "Sousei no Aquarion":

@Topic:

Classy.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #110 of 1,453

Quote:
Quote:

Reminds me of this.. I love this anime

Quote:
You may get horribly surprised if ever have the chance to know the world of 'fujoshi'..

I only watched an episode of Amagami SS and did like it.. I think I might try to watch it again especially if HD598's appear!

Quote:
I'd like to see them wear some HD 650s or HD 800

My avatar has one wearing an HD650.

Quote:
It's nice to see Rule ⑨ being enforced.

Kaguya-hime, NEET of a Thousand Years, and her ATs.

Alice and what looks like a pair of BeyerDynamic DT880s. I'm going to assume the 32ohm version, since it looks like she's power them unamped.

-- Griffinhart

From where is Kaguya-hime from?

I'm pretty sure that's a T1. I used to have DT880's and they look different from that.

Quote:
Well, the phones too. :p

Also:

*GASP*

A bad***, mature-looking Youmu wearing Grados! Rule ⑨, you are the second-best.

-- Griffinhart

Seriously where do you get these photos? Also where is she from?

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #111 of 1,453
Kaguya-hime (full name, Japanese style: Houraisan Kaguya) is from Touhou Project 8: Imperishable Night. She's a/the moon princess. Also an incredible NEET, if fan canon is anything to go by.

Alice (full name, Western style: Alice Margatroid) is from several Touhou Project games; most notably she first appeared in Touhou Project 5: Mystic Square for the PC-98. He first appearance in a Windows-based game was Touhou Project 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom. She's a magician and puppeteer. Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai Hourai Hourai Hourai~

Youmu (full name, Japanese style: Konpaku Youmu) is also from several Touhou Project games; her first appearance was in Touhou Project 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom; she's slated to appear as a protagonist in the thirteenth (at least, numbering-wise) TH game, "東方Project第13弾 東方神霊廟(とうほうしんれいびょう) ~ Ten Desires." Youmu is Saigyouji Yuyuko's assistant and gardener; she's half-human, half-ghost, and half-baked, if her boss subtitle is to be believed.

Basically, they're all characters from the Touhou game series; you can learn more at http://touhou.wikia.com/. I won't elaborate further, because there are a lot of Touhou games, the fandom is huge (huge enough that there are over a thousand fan albums of just the game's music; not to mention even more fan comics, figures, plushies... there are even fan games of Touhou games! And there are fan comics of fan comics. Basically, Touhou is, in and of itself, an entire indie industry), and the games are difficult. (FYI: they're bullet hells. I love 'em to death, but I'm terrible at them.)

IMO the coolest thing about Touhou is that all of the main bullet hell games are done by a single guy, ZUN - all of the programming, art (lol, ZUNart), bullet patterns, mechanics, music... he does produce the games under the "team" name of Team Shanghai Alice.

-- Griffinhart

ETA: Also, the Rule ⑨ I keep referring to: "If it exists, there is a Touhou crossover with it." Yes, Touhou is that prolific. (Also, the ⑨ stems from a meme in one of the games' manuals, where a character - Cirno, an ice fairy who, in fanon, has the propensity for claiming herself to be "the strongest" - was labeled "⑨ - Baka". Henceforth, the circled nine has been a reference to Cirno in specific and Touhou in general.)

ETA2: As for my image sources: I keep sayin', Danbooru. But if you want a specific link, you can always stick the image/the image URL into http://iqdb.org/ and reverse-image search for the sauce.

ETA3: And once more, Rule ⑨!

Suwako and Portapros. Also, lol, poor Pyonta.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #114 of 1,453
The best part about all this is that I have yet to spot a Beats or a Skullcandy. \o/

Dunno if the headphones are real or not, but Team ⑨ as a rival quartet to the Prismriver sisters is too adorable to pass up.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #115 of 1,453

Quote:

You were asking?

-- Griffinhart

You sir are a bloodhound. Keep them coming if you find more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Funny thing though, I tried searching on Danbooru for audio-technica earlier but that picture didn't come up. Now that you've posted it, it shows up on my search as well. Figures.
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT: Here's one of the Sennheiser HD25-1.

EDIT 2: On closer inspection, the headphones in the picture you posted Griffinhart seem to be the ATH-PRO700.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #116 of 1,453

Quote:
The best part about all this is that I have yet to spot a Beats or a Skullcandy. \o/

You were saying?
Have to admit though, even though I don't like the headphones, the picture is stunning.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #117 of 1,453
i saw this in google images. couldn't pass up a higurashi pic.

does anyone know if these are real headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back