Headphone girls, interesting
Mar 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #76 of 1,453

Quote:
So apparently the other girls of K-ON have decent taste (though AFAIK neither of these images are canonical - they're just fanart):

That is one heckuva holster for her DAP and amp (I'm presuming DAP and amp, of course).

Shures and a Fostex amp? Nice.

Man, browsing Danbooru with the tags "headphone -vocaloid" turns up some surprising (if occasionally NSFW) results. (I turn off the Vocaloids tag because Vocaloids contribute something like 309 pages of results [out of 531].)

-- Griffinhart

I'd like to see them wear some HD 650s or HD 800

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #77 of 1,453
It's nice to see Rule ⑨ being enforced.

Kaguya-hime, NEET of a Thousand Years, and her ATs.

Alice and what looks like a pair of BeyerDynamic DT880s. I'm going to assume the 32ohm version, since it looks like she's power them unamped.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #78 of 1,453
nice pics guys. i'm a huge anime nut myself. sort of ashamed of it but i am opening up as most of my anime's have a serious plot. i like that pic of the character from k on wearing shure srh840s as i am wearing my pair right now. i guess that means its more popular then i thought.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #80 of 1,453
i'm a large anime fan too.  i'm a larger anime fan than i am of headphones actually...  but yeah, i have scans of two books of this stuff.  get with the program.  haha.  

also, everyone loves Sheryl...

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #82 of 1,453

Quote:
It's nice to see Rule ⑨ being enforced.

Kaguya-hime, NEET of a Thousand Years, and her ATs.

That's the best picture I've seen yet!
Me, I watch it a little. Art is what you make it, so I don't mind the difference, and I'm really there for the plot. as far as TV shows go, you could do a lot worse (I just finished up Cowboy BeBop, as my room-mate watches Jersey shore reruns. Ugh.)

As far as music accompanying the genre, I agree that some (or most) of what I've heard is above average what I'd expect form a TV show. I've never seen it, but my brother had the OST from something called X. I enjoyed it immensely, in particular, the track labeled "destiny" (the piano sheet music I have has it labeled "sadame") It was some really excellent music.

See, as an art form, it never really appealed to me. There are some aspects of anime that are pretty interesting, but I enjoy how it's easy and cheap to animate, so people can spend more time on beautiful storylines. I don't read Manga (or whatever it's called) because I'd much rather read an actual book, but as one of a dying breed of bibliophiles, I have to stick to what's right. I enjoy a good story, and lots of anime certainly delivers. I don't see why people get so... angry about it. Things will be popular. People will obsess. Little does it affect (effect?) me. Life goes on. I tend to worry about things that are actually bothersome, and that's my take on it.

my ideal would be a masterfully-presented artform that is as subtle in the detail as it is beautifully simple superficially; backed with excellent storylines, and believable characterization; completed with fantastic music. Thus far, the genre of anime has yet to deliver on all counts, but with standards that high, I can afford to enjoy good efforts where they are to be found.

But, like I said, that's just my take on it. I like how this topic, unlike others, hasn't yet descended into a vile pit of personal attacks and name calling. Happiness abounds.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #83 of 1,453
God I want this figure. I saw it on Tomopop recently and have desired it ever since.

Quote:
I don't count Miku (or any of the *loids) on account of their headgear being fictional. :p

(I am a huge fanboi of most Vocaloid songs, though. "30-some odd gigabytes of lossless" huge.)

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #84 of 1,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkvader /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's easy and cheap to animate, so people can spend more time on beautiful storylines.

Ha. haha. Hah. Nooooooooo. Anime merch and suchlike is expensive (grossly so) because anime are so expensive to produce. It's not uncommon for a show to run out of budget in the middle of the season. (This was especially bad with Neon Genesis Evangelion when it first aired and also with Bakemonogatari. In both cases, the anime was hugely popular enough and sold enough merchandise that the later episodes got reanimated - especially in the case of NGE, which got a movie ending to the series, has had several movie recaps, and is now being remade into a series of movies that grossly alter the canonicity, to the point where it might as well as be an alternate universe. [Not that I mind, mind you - the Rebuild movies are awesome.])

And as far as "beautiful storylines" go... Sturgeon's Law. "90% of everything is crap." I've (sadly) watched a lot more bad anime than I have good. It just seems like there are so many good anime because there're so many anime. (Seriously, my backlog is ridiculous, and filled with [mostly] good anime. Dennou Coil, Eden of the East, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baccano!, Bokurano, Ergo Proxy, Boogie Pop Phantom, all the seasons of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I still need to finish Hanamaru Kindergarten though I'm worried about my heart giving out...)

OST from something called X: Ah, possibly this anime?

And as far as that picture goes... yeah, I just went through that artist's tag on Danbooru. Only seven pictures, but they're all gorgeous. (I'd link you, but Danbooru runs NSFW ads. The artist, alcd, him/herself is SFW, though.)

@Topic: Can anyone identify these phones, or are they fake? I ask because the girl's bag has the Audio-Technica logo and name on it, and I don't ever recall AT having ever made bags of any sort.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #85 of 1,453
Quote:

@Topic: Can anyone identify these phones, or are they fake? I ask because the girl's bag has the Audio-Technica logo and name on it, and I don't ever recall AT having ever made bags of any sort.

-- Griffinhart

ATH-FW3 Button
Its quite common around where I live..
Oh you mean the bag..
http://www.brandsdragon.com/products/product_20670.htm
Seems to be bundled together with the headphones

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #88 of 1,453
Quote:
Ha. haha. Hah. Nooooooooo. Anime merch and suchlike is expensive (grossly so) because anime are so expensive to produce. It's not uncommon for a show to run out of budget in the middle of the season. (This was especially bad with Neon Genesis Evangelion when it first aired and also with Bakemonogatari. In both cases, the anime was hugely popular enough and sold enough merchandise that the later episodes got reanimated - especially in the case of NGE, which got a movie ending to the series, has had several movie recaps, and is now being remade into a series of movies that grossly alter the canonicity, to the point where it might as well as be an alternate universe. [Not that I mind, mind you - the Rebuild movies are awesome.])

And as far as "beautiful storylines" go... Sturgeon's Law. "90% of everything is crap." I've (sadly) watched a lot more bad anime than I have good. It just seems like there are so many good anime because there're so many anime. (Seriously, my backlog is ridiculous, and filled with [mostly] good anime. Dennou Coil, Eden of the East, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baccano!, Bokurano, Ergo Proxy, Boogie Pop Phantom, all the seasons of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I still need to finish Hanamaru Kindergarten though I'm worried about my heart giving out...)

The thing I generally like about anime is that because its all animated they can run with whatever weird sci-fi/fantasy angle they want to without having to spend extra money on "special effects" like live action shows do.  It gives a lot more ground to cover and raises the the percentage of stuff that's not crap since it encompasses more potential genres and doesn't have absolutely everything falling into 3 or four categories of sitcom, crime drama, reality, and maybe something else I'm forgetting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back