headphone for ~200-300 euro
Mar 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

conroy

New Head-Fier
I did post in the sticky before you flame me, I am in desperate need of a new pair of headphones I'll delete this thread asap I promise.

Looking to pick up a pair of headphones and amp
So far i've looked into 598's, ATH- m50's, ATH A900x's,ATH  [size=small]A900's, [/size][size=small]SRH840's,[/size][size=small] DT 990's and DT 770's and ATH AD900x's[/size]

What's your budget? ~300-400 euros total
Where/how do you plan on using these can? Gaming,Music,Movies and they will be worn only at home.
What are your isolation needs? Open or closed cans?Open, they will be worn for long periods of time.
What kind of music do you listen to and what's the format/bit rate?, Listening to jazz,hip hop,electronic,trance,eurobeat, pop and rock (i listen to anything i come accross really) FLAC and mp3 320kbps 
What source device will it be coming from and what amp, if any, will you be using? Xonar dx > the amp i am recommended > the headphones 
Do you know what kind of signature you're trying to find?An Accurate sound stage with a good balance between everything else

I am currently leaning towards picking up the AD900x's since they improve on all of the previous versions faults and seem like a very nice pair of open cans, i have no idea what amp to use though so any input on that would be great, thanks.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Sorry for reviving the thread, I went to a friends and tried out his ma900s and I was impressed with everything especially the comfort but the bass felt a little lacking, out of all the genres I listen to the ones that I listen to the most are probably electronic and hip hop so im wondering if there is anything in this price range that has a better build quality and better depth to the bass that can also add more "life" to the music, probably asking to much here sorry.

Edit: he doesnt own an amp and it was plugged into his x-fi soundblaster soundcard

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Sorry for reviving the thread, I went to a friends and tried out his ma900s and I was impressed with everything especially the comfort but the bass felt a little lacking, out of all the genres I listen to the ones that I listen to the most are probably electronic and hip hop so im wondering if there is anything in this price range that has a better build quality and better depth to the bass that can also add more "life" to the music, probably asking to much here sorry.

Edit: he doesnt own an amp and it was plugged into his x-fi soundblaster soundcard

Ultrasones PRO750 or PRO900 for quantity and quality bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back