Headphone Buyer's Guide
Aug 20, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #286 of 355
I've searched this thread and all of this site but as someone said in another thread, there is so much info here and the search function isn't exactly user friendly so at the risk of raising someones ire I have a question. Does Beyerdynamic sell their headphones at brick and mortar stores? I looked all over their website and can't find anything so I turn to the experts, you guys.

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #287 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noob question but what is the difference between Open and Closed headphones?

afaik, the diff is that open allows the sound to flow out of the headphone, so people around you would hear what you do. Closed blocks the music from leaking out, so it generally provides a little passive isolation.

I have a question. I'm shopping for closed headphones. I have the following requirements:
1. closed
2. comfortable
3. good size pads (my ears on the big side)
4. either
a. detachable cord with 1/8" stereo input on the headphone side
b. reasonably short (3ft or less) and straight (not telephone style) cable with 1/8" stereo plug

strongly preferred:
- noise cancelling

Nice to have:
- microphone
- bluetooth
- AA or AAA battery powered (don't need custom charging cables and stuff)

Price:
< $200 preferred, but willing to go higher if it has the non-required features

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #290 of 355
Ah men, I was slightly disappointed with my new AD700. The amount of sound it leaked was unexpected, but it felt super comfortable. So now I'm looking for a closed can.

I'll be keeping the AD700 but need a closed headphone. Which one out of the following three provides the best comfort, especially for someone who wears glasses?

Denon AHD1001K
Technica A700
Sen' HD280

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #298 of 355
This is a great guide. I don't know if I missed something but, maybe it should be also be sticky-ed in Portable Headphone, Earphones, and In-Ear Monitors since it includes all head/ear-phone types? Might cut down on extraneous posts there (mine included). Just a thought...

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #299 of 355
300th Post
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #300 of 355
I think the list should be updated, no? So many new headphones and changes in prices.

IEMs and customs can even take up a whole new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back