Headphone Buyer's Guide
Jan 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #333 of 355
The list needs to be updated. Someone competent should create a new thread, stick it, copy the first post, and add worthy headphones manufactured after the last update.
Where are Shure 440/840? Where are ATH-M50?

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #335 of 355
I am confused, you recommended in your post the Sennheiser CX95 for $140 and when a search the on Ebay, I got results for around $50. Here's a link. I want to make sure this is legit because this seems to good to be true.
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #336 of 355
Am planning to buy a set of headphones to use with my macbook pro and ipod touch, will be listening to rock, metal, floyd, and more importantly classic rock...dylan, steely dan, doors..and the likes
my budget in no way will exceed 110$
have heard quite a lot abt Ms1 and read a review abt sr60i being better for its price..any other headphones i shuld consider??

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #337 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotter2142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am planning to buy a set of headphones to use with my macbook pro and ipod touch, will be listening to rock, metal, floyd, and more importantly classic rock...dylan, steely dan, doors..and the likes
my budget in no way will exceed 110$
have heard quite a lot abt Ms1 and read a review abt sr60i being better for its price..any other headphones i shuld consider??

Koss KSC75
AudioTechnica ES7

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #338 of 355
Hello all,
I've been lurnking for so time now and doing alot of reading here. I have been want a good pair of hp's for some time. But I couldn't decide which to get. After read this guide and other posts I ordered a pair of AT ad700's and a pair of Senns HD55's. The ATs were HUGE and didn't fit my dome. The Senns fit well, so...

I'm know the proud owner of a "good pair of hp's"!

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #339 of 355
I'm curious as to why the Sennheiser HD580 is marked as "Amp recommended" while the HD600 is marked as "Amp required". The headphones use the same exact drivers and have the same specs (300 Ohm, 97 dB SPL).

The differences are aesthetic (headband pattern, metal grills on HD600). So, either both should be required, or both recommended. Right?

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #341 of 355
Long time reader, first time poster. Really appreciate all the extensive reviews you guys post here every day.

Am looking for headphones that I will be using at home, but also while travelling to work (approx 1 hour). Audio quality is obviously important, but comfort follows pretty closely. Budget is around €100

So far I've narrowed it down to Denon 1001 and Creative Aurvana Live which are a bit related to each other I've read. I would've purched the CAL's already, where it not that I read some posts from people that complained a bit about their comfort level. My ears aren't really big, but my head is definitely not small. I got a bit worried about the fact that some users recommended the CAL's to people with a small head.

Anyone that can elaborate on this? Or give other recommendations based on my criteria?

Much appreciated!

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #342 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellhus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long time reader, first time poster. Really appreciate all the extensive reviews you guys post here every day.

Am looking for headphones that I will be using at home, but also while travelling to work (approx 1 hour). Audio quality is obviously important, but comfort follows pretty closely. Budget is around €100

So far I've narrowed it down to Denon 1001 and Creative Aurvana Live which are a bit related to each other I've read. I would've purched the CAL's already, where it not that I read some posts from people that complained a bit about their comfort level. My ears aren't really big, but my head is definitely not small. I got a bit worried about the fact that some users recommended the CAL's to people with a small head.

Anyone that can elaborate on this? Or give other recommendations based on my criteria?

Much appreciated!

Hmm really? I've done a ridiculous amount of searching while searching for purchases and the clear consensus about comfort on the D1001 and CAL is that they are very comfortable, FWIR(alot lol). There will of course be outliers, but I think it's unlikely you'll find them uncomfortable :p

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #343 of 355
Well, to be honest; it was one comment on this forum that complained about comfort. I think he mentioned something like: 'I love my CAL's and would really like to keep them, but they are hurting my ears to much'.

As I mentioned I don't have the smallest of heads, so that got me a bit worried. Besides that I think the CAL's are pretty much what I want.

Anyone with some hands-on experience when it comes to the comfort level of the CAL's on average to large heads?
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #344 of 355
First time headphone buyer and looking for something with good bass and comfortable

Mainly listen to Hip Hop/Rap

Have been looking at the Grado SR60i and SHURE SRH440

Could someone help me out and recommend either of these or something that fits the criteria and is under $150

Thanks

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #345 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should consider editing the list with all the new custom monitors comming out, UE 1, UE 18, JH 16 ... and I can't imagine too many being interested in the UE 1 other than musicians.

Agreed! list is almost 2 yrs. need update~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back