Headphone Buyer's Guide
Apr 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #256 of 355
what about the Creative ZEN Aurvana? I think, that they do a lot better, than their ep630-brother (boah, they suck!...btw). although i think they need a decent amount of burn-in. I plugged them in for 100 hours of continuous random-music-playtime and they did sound a lot better after that.
anywho, pricetag on them should not say more than 50$, even amazon sells em for 68$.
cheerio

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #257 of 355
Ok, I have a question. I may be getting either an used DT880 pro 80 or DT770 and the OP says that an AMP is required for DT880 but not for DT770. Without an amp, how will the DT880 sound? Since I do not have an amp, will the DT880 still sound better than the DT770?

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #258 of 355
*bump*

Anyone know? I don't want to start an entire thread for just this one simple question. BTW, it is a DT770 pro 80ohm and DT880; I messed that up in my above post.

Revised question: "I may be getting either an used DT770 pro 80 or DT880 and the OP says that an AMP is required for DT880 but not for DT770. Without an amp, how will the DT880 sound? Since I do not have an amp, will the DT880 still sound better than the DT770 even without an amp?"

I play lots of games, listen to mostly rock music (with some hip-hop) so keep that in mind.

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #259 of 355
I have a bad feeling that the OP no longer updates this post. However, this list IS still pretty useful as a starter for the audio-journey.

Somebody should probably pick this up, and update it with more sound signature impressions, current pricing and availability, and new models.

May 8, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #263 of 355
I do not know if jgonino is still around this site, we invited him to the last meet and never heard a thing. Looked at his post and looks like to activity for a while. I wish someone could take over this thread and update it. It's too bad if he is not here anymore, He was fun to have at the meet.

May 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #265 of 355
Hey gang, new member here.

My old, old HD 280PROs with years of use on them (2002? '03? 2005?) are shedding psuedo-leather and any plastic that can break off already has. Instead of finding replacement parts I've decided it's time for a new unit.

Needs to be closed. Reference-style. Price under $300 hopefully!

The Audio-Technica ESW9 reviews read wonderfully but I see that people have had parts snap on these. I wouldn't like that. The W1000 is great but really more expensive than I should have to justify - yet it looks like those won't fall to pieces.

Are the ESW9s going to hold together?

Edit: Actually, going off a personal recommendation, the A900s sound great, certainly have better specifications, and the price seems very responsible compared to the other choices. I might just go with those.

[size=xx-small](Also, I was kinda interested in the Ultrasone PROline 750s, until coming across the MU-metal shenanigans. Seems like a "had to destroy the village to save it" type thing putting that metal in place. Also, I'm mostly interested in a reference-type headphone anyway; I'm not interested in "emotive" responses; I let the music do the talking and being able to hear all the frequencies is the best reward.)[/size]

May 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #266 of 355
great guide, very helpful
By.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back