Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 1, 2004 at 4:47 PM Post #76 of 200
Hi,
I have not received the letter that you said you would send to me. Did you have the correct address?
There is 2 other reasons, check your postal place if they still have the mail or check to see if you sent it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Please reply to my questions:
Did you recieve the money?
Do you have a card to ship?
Thanks,
Akos

Email is sent to passwords@ebay.com to eBay official to investigate unauthoried account activity. The IP is recorded.

The bid is all legit, will file NIB for non paying buyer.
Thank you.

Nov 1, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #77 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
Unbelievable! And he's doing it as a "buy it now" only auction, so we can't warn potential bidders. One of the people who was almost scammed should warn eBay about this guy.

Are you sure he's trying to scam? Even a 80iq person who is trying to scam would have posted a buy it now item that is "popular" such as ATI graphic cards or laptops, ipods, or anything that has more value and appeal more to the consumers. The Emu1212 card is only known in the audiophile community.

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #78 of 200
Quote:

Email is sent to passwords@ebay.com to eBay official to investigate unauthoried account activity. The IP is recorded.

The bid is all legit, will file NIB for non paying buyer.
Thank you.

Ahh, well, I was able to verify my information from that source, that was all I needed. I obviously did not get access to your account.

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #79 of 200
Perhaps a letter, email or phone call to his ISP would be in order?

It seems our "friend" may be a student perhaps at the University of California at Irvine. Here's some info to get you started in the right direction.

University of California, Irvine
Address: 902 W. Peltason Drive
City: Irvine
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 92697-5475
Phone: +1-949-824-2222 (Office)
Email: NET-OPS@uci.edu

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #80 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by amol
Maybe he isnt even trying to scam the person who started the thread ? maybe he got some misconceptions about this guy ? If he wanted to scam the guy, he wouldnt have dared to post a reply in the same thread. Chill out for a while guys, and see what happens in a while.

So I guess I'm not the only person who was thinking that.

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #81 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Natsuiro: what's the status on your amp (if you don't mind tellin us)?

As of now, phamducduc has said he sent me back the pimeta through USPS global priority, but says that there is no tracking number. Does USPS not give a tracking number for international shipment?

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #82 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
As of now, phamducduc has said he sent me back the pimeta through USPS global priority, but says that there is no tracking number. Does USPS not give a tracking number for international shipment?

Unfortunately Global Priority Mail is not trackable, not insurable and not even guaranteed by the USPS to be delivered. It is usually reliable but no, he can't provide you with a tracking number if he sent it via that method.

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #83 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro

It think he could be right.

"global priority mail" doesn't seem to have tracking.
http://www.usps.com/global/sendpackages.htm

Nov 1, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #84 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by phatty
Unfortunately Global Priority Mail is not trackable, not insurable and not even guaranteed by the USPS to be delivered. It is usually reliable but no, he can't provide you with a tracking number if he sent it via that method.

I can confirm that no tracking is available with usps Global Priority.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #85 of 200
What the heck are you people talking about? I have had many things shipped to me from the United States via USPS Priority. The most recent tracking number was "EC10617####US". USPS Express are like "ED43418####US". USPS Guaranteed are like "#############".

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #86 of 200
Global Priority and Global Express are two distinctly separate services. Tracking is available with Global Express, but not with Global Priority. From the USPS FAQ's:
Quote:

Tracking information provides the sender with online details of the item as it is enroute to it's destination. Express Mail®, Global Express Guaranteed® and Global Express Mail™ (depending on destination country) are the only services that provide tracking and they must be purchased when the item is mailed.

Express Mail label numbers typically begin with two letters followed by nine numbers and the letters "US" [ Note: "E" is currently the most common first letter ], located in the upper right-hand corner, below the barcode. An example might be: EA 000 000 000 US

Global Express (Outbound) label numbers typically begin with two letters ("E" followed by another letter) followed by nine numbers and the letters "US", located in the upper right-hand corner, below the barcode. For example: EA 000 000 000 US

Global Express (Inbound) label numbers typically begin with two letters ("E" followed by any other letter) followed by nine numbers and two more letters indicating country of origin, located in the upper right-hand corner, below the barcode. For example: EA 000 000 000 HK

Global Express Guaranteed label numbers usually have ten digits (no letters), located on the lower right-hand side of the receipt. For example: 82 000 000 00

Additionally, domestic Priority Mail allows for Delivery Confirmation but not detailed tracking. The difference is explained here.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #87 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
What the heck are you people talking about? I have had many things shipped to me from the United States via USPS Priority. The most recent tracking number was "EC10617####US". USPS Express are like "ED43418####US". USPS Guaranteed are like "#############".

There are many ways to send packages via the USPS. Global Express Mail(trackable, insurable), International Priority Mail(trackable, insurable), etc.. But, Global Priority Mail is not trackable or insurable. I send many packages overseas via this method and I'm very familiar with how it works.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #88 of 200
Doesn't Global Priority require some sort of customs declaration, even if to Canada?

You may be able to at least check if the package was ever in customs that way....I have shipped a few things to Canada, and always seem to remember filling out that little blue-bordered Customs slip. It's not a tracking number per se, but may be used to see if customs saw it.

All that said, if it was supposedly shipped, and now hasn't been found, it's a little too fishy in my eyes, considering the suspicious nature of the transaction to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back