HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #1,381 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The order numbers are the sequentially-numbered pre-order requests from the beginning of this very thread. Would you prefer it if Justin deleted the people who haven't paid so the order and ship numbers are the same? The order numbers are still there for reference because the list was built up that way.

I think that is what is meant by a list update being needed.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #1,383 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that is what is meant by a list update being needed.

I see you're #227 and marked as paid, so what are you worried about? No one can come by to swipe any positions less than 250 now. Or 267 for that matter because that's the latest ship number.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #1,385 of 2,425
I repeat, the window of time that Justin allowed for payments within the first 250 has long since passed, and so has the pre-order pricing too. Now no one within the first 250 can pay and expect to get one of the special Pico Slims. You don't need an updated list - you will get one of them. The only thing that can happen is if someone wants to drop out for any reason which can only advance your ship number.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #1,387 of 2,425
As much as I'd like to see an updated list, I'd rather Justin didn't have to deal with our bickering and complaints and just built and ship them out faster. Just my 2 cents
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #1,388 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I repeat, the window of time that Justin allowed for payments within the first 250 has long since passed, and so has the pre-order pricing too. Now no one within the first 250 can pay and expect to get one of the special Pico Slims. You don't need an updated list - you will get one of them. The only thing that can happen is if someone wants to drop out for any reason which can only advance your ship number.

Uh, no? The list in the first post hasn't been updated in over 2 weeks. In that time, 24 people could have paid and bumped him out of the first 250. So, yes, he does need an updated list to know for sure.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #1,389 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by S J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, no? The list in the first post hasn't been updated in over 2 weeks. In that time, 24 people could have paid and bumped him out of the first 250. So, yes, he does need an updated list to know for sure.

Wrong: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6458095-post921.html

The time that's passed since the last update doesn't matter considering the date of Justin's post. You also seem to forget that whenever the list was last updated, there were more than 250 ship numbers on it and Justin would have accounted for any new payments to adjust.

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #1,390 of 2,425
You're still wrong. Payments were added and people were still being bumped up until the last update on March 31. That's after March 20, 2 weeks from the post you linked, so the two weeks from that date clearly wasn't a hard cutoff. No additional info on when exactly that cutoff was/will be has appeared (aside from a post a few pages back that said the time to order at pre-order price is closing soon, which isn't the same thing).

I don't claim I know exactly what's going on, and really, I don't care since I'm way within the first 250 no matter what happens. Just don't get all righteous about people being confused, because it's not all that clear.

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #1,391 of 2,425
Justin should really come out and cleaify this issue in stead of allowing the difference of opinions to develop further. As he seems to be monitor this thread rather closely as he has posted two times today already.

I am in agreement with N-Maher, Woody, DaeO, SJ, I can wait as long as I have to, I have five other amps to use, but I thought a good understanding is helpful and the right policy is applied across the board is helpful.

The current police is just simply first paid first serve and that is fine if that is indeed the policy. But it wasn't entirely clear when Justin set the two week period for the first 250 people who signed up to pay and if they don't pay they MAY loose their spot. But I didn't know if that apply to those beyond the first 250 on the list. There was no hard deadline and as SJ indicated that people were paying after the first update. So should those that paid after the first update be disqualified? and where and when did Justin came out and said that he won't take anymore payment for the first batch?

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #1,392 of 2,425
well it should. I dont think someone coming along now should get the same benefit of someone who paid months ago. wishing I added the micro USB just as i'm going to find it pretty hard to get out and get one in the next week or so. guess I can order online

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #1,393 of 2,425
This is from page 68:

I hope this clears it up...Here is a PM i received, and my reply:

Quote:
I can understand why people outside of the top 250 paid even though you have not requested it yet. But why do they have a ship #? Certainly someone down at 399 on the list cannot get in the top 250 ahead of someone lower on the list.

When is the 2 weeks up to know if I make the cut-off for the top 250? Also, can you let us know if it is okay to pay now.
Reply:

The person at #399 who is currently #189 to ship would only be #189 if nobody else #1-398 sends payment in. That probably won't happen, as many of them haven't been asked to send payment yet, or are working on it. If a bunch of people, and i'm just making up order #s here, such as #4, 12, 18, 29, 100, 105....send payment in, then the person who is order #399 would have their shipping # increase...potentially high enough to bump them out of the first 250. However someone who signed up #1-250 is not given an indefinite timeframe to send payment to get one of the specially engraved amps. I asked for a 2 week tiemframe because I anticipate thats when I'll start shipping them, and I don't want to have amps sitting and waiting for potential owners that may not claim them when others are waiting to take them.

Anyone can pay now, just know that unless you're one of the first 250 orders, you are not "guaranteed" one of the first 250. I said early on I expect 30% will not pay, or even still read Head-Fi --- that would mean if you're in the first 360, you're pretty safe.

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #1,394 of 2,425
I don't even know if that is relevant. I mean I paid on Feb 23, 2010 (first to pay as far as I know) so thats not it. Its the rules changing midstream that get me.

You know the silly thing is all this may be for not. I still may receive a unit. I just believe in accountability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back